Outtakes from an Orson Welles wine commercial after he had drunk too much wine

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Previously:

8 Likes

AaaaAaaAaAAAAH the FRENCH. Champaign.

10 Likes

Who knows what bubbly lurks in the heart of men?

The French! The French do! It’s Campaign!

HAHHAHAHAAA!

13 Likes

In all fairness, I do the same thing when I’m sozzled.

7 Likes

Are we sure he isn’t trying slur out “Rosebud?”

5 Likes

Way to bury the lede, guys. That guitar backing is amazing!
Breathed new life into a classic.

8 Likes

Very much an experimental-jazz-feel to it, huh? I find it delightful.

6 Likes

I too was inspired by its angelic effects, indeed.

3 Likes

Hats off to the actor who’s pouring - doesn’t crack one bit. The actress manages to stifle her grin and bend it into a pleasant smile, but you just know there’s a guffaw lurking in there, somewhere…There’s absolutely no way in hell I’d be able to keep a straight face.

13 Likes

I had to look up the pea thing:

21 Likes

That Paul Masson champagne doesn’t pop much when the cork is pulled, eh.

/maybe they didn’t have any money left for a foley guy after paying Orson Welles’s fee.

2 Likes

followed by

16 Likes

In my youth, I thought Orson Welles was simply a famous pitchman (famous enough, perhaps, that he had a cameo in The Muppet Moive). Here’s another one I remember, circa 1981.

9 Likes

Sure, but it’s infinitely funnier when Orson Welles did it. However, in fairness, so is anything he did, sozzled or not.

This triggered a (repressed?) memory; didn’t he also hype a bad German wine called Keller-Geister? With the slogan, “We sell you no wine before you’ve paid for it”?

man, this NEVER gets old

1 Like

My favorite part is where his brain hasn’t caught up to his mouth yet, and he groans out MHHAAAHAAAAA the French.

10 Likes

I remember the Welles ads; I also recall some wit commenting on their tagline “We will sell no wine before its time”; the comment was “they forgot the apostrophe”

1 Like

Come to find out, Rosebud is his favorite champagne.