Overplayed guitar store songs

I am guilty of playing “Stairway To Heaven” at guitar stores, but I always play it in kind of a bossa nova rhythm so people look confused and say "what IS that? I know that. . . . "

7 Likes

Only if you can keep it up for the duration of the song.

2 Likes

…really? Nobody else yet?

7 Likes
2 Likes

The joke at 0:56 does not work when they replace the original music.

At least Zep’s intellectual property was protected. (three notes of it)

3 Likes

Extra points if you played to the the beats of a Casiotone bossa nova rhythm.

4 Likes

I’ve wanted to do an animated piece that examines the lyrics. She’s kind of a bag lady, and while leaning over to pick up a glittering soda can tab, she gets run over by a bus.

So this means motorcycle emptiness is still a go?

1 Like

Wait, so we’re only allowed to like music that was created after we were born? I guess a lot of people are out of luck then.

1 Like

It is with me.

I always assumed some of these guys worked in a guitar store, and that was the inspiration for this song:

It is the nitrous oxide of jokes.

They missed one. I’ve never gone into a guitar store and not heard this one. (Warning for swearing and suicidal stuff for anyone who might have missed this one somehow.)

Everybody knew someone like that, I suspect, at least those of us who either made music or hung out with musicians.

3 Likes

Don’t you mean Spirit’s IP?

1 Like

Don’t you mean Giovanni Battista Granata’s IP? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No Wonderwall?!?

My go-to is Poor Boy Long Way From Home, because that’s the style I learned in.

That, and random jazz/blues noodling which makes internal sense but is not a complete song.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.