Owner of "Relentless Gay" yard raising money to make yard MOAR GHEY

You have my sympathy, though I am saddened to think that note might be genuine because of what it says about the IQ of some people.

1 Like

We could call it “Queer Review”. I like it!

You’ve just given me an unholy idea for a satire of the National Science Foundation / Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.

4 Likes

Trolling stupid neighbors is great. Trolling stupid neighbours with rainbows, even better. This makes me happy.

7 Likes

Are you really going to make one of us quote George Carlin?

5 Likes

Well there is that Baltimore Sun byline. They’re not infallible, but they do get paid to look into these things.

Isn’t it strange the Concerned Citizen would be afraid The Children might see a rainbow? Because if you visited Their Classroom, I suspect you might see Rainbows Galore. Heterosexual ones, of course, like Julie Baker’s, which I will point out, is actually straight.

5 Likes

Whoa! That’s not just a solar light rainbow… it’s a DOUBLE SOLAR LIGHT RAINBOW! OHMYGOD OHMYGOD! WHOOOA! WHOOOOOA!

10 Likes

This is just a blog, I’m not making you do anything. You have me confused with fundamentalist Christians.

2 Likes

Wow. Did not know that the bar for being Relentlessy Gay was so low in some locations. Simply decorating your yard with a single set of rainbow colored solar lights that spell out words will draw the WRATH of your neighbors down upon you? Apparently they are also clueless as to how the real world works also. Calling the police on this matter will probably get them arrested for abusing 911.

Same exact way you are sure that reflexive suspicion of others saves people from harm. Same basic neurons, different people, deferent results.

What if she ISN’T a fraud, like everyone?

Lower probability; but far more fascinating(in a 'how deep can I trace this oddball freak subculture down their terrifying rabbit hole clawed straight through the fabric of what we think of as ‘consensus reality?’ way) would be that they are talking about a ‘christian area’ because they are adherents of the ‘spiritual mapping’ tactic used in some of the weirder recent variants of the longstanding ‘spiritual warfare’ concept.

It is, naturally, deeply creepy; but a fascinating sort of ‘GIS-and-data-driven-strategic-planning-meets-a-pre-rational-demon-haunted-world’ thing.

2 Likes

I agree with your saltiness (ohh, so crackerish! So chip-like! Must follow up with some verde salsa or such) at such a letter and besides, how would children know the difference between a, frankly, awesome solar light thing, and a homosexual activist statement? Only if they’re told: Look kids, look at that disgusting display of luminous colorful jars and how they spell love and o…oha…that other word! That’s Teh Gayz trying to take your soul!

I hope the residents of Kenwood street are soon given a relentless and astonishing amount of GHEYness.

1 Like

Perhaps they are adopting the concept of the Eruv http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/700456/jewish/What-Is-an-Eruv.htm, which symbolically encloses a public space to allow certain private activities such as, in the Jewish case, carrying something in public on the Sabbath or, in the Christian case, harassing gays.

4 Likes

Needs more “gay”.

3 Likes

In Chicago, neighborhoods have flags and banners that fly from lampposts signalling which neighborhood you’re in. In Boy’s Town, as one might expect there are rainbow flags…on every lamppost except in front of the Catholic church. The flags pick back up again once you’re past it, though. Other Christian churches don’t seem to have the same aversion to the flags, so that’s something.

4 Likes

I was going to say that this seems like a money grab, but actually $5000 isn’t bad for lawn improvements. Especially if you’re buying lighting.

As a guy who likes bright colors, I’m all for gaying shit up.

7 Likes

Even if it is … so you got a few bucks helping out a widow with four kids, I can think of worse things to waste money on.

6 Likes

How about this twist: The lady wrote the note herself for attention. And now she’s got a GoFundMe Campaign? $17,000 for a note. People sure are gullible.

1 Like

The new trend in LGBT support is just giving cis, straight people money for not being homophobic, apparently.

3 Likes

If they think that yard is gay just wait until they see this Christian preschool. I don’t know what’s worse, the rainbow or those flamingoes parading around like their love isn’t some kind of abomination.

14 Likes

They tend to not understand that a dirty and torn flag is quite offensive…

2 Likes