Paid Comments

Cricket isn’t meant to be exciting!

But Fire in Babylon is an interesting film…

1 Like

If we had to pay to comment here, I have a feeling this thread (or so many others) wouldn’t have been as interesting as it’s become.

But that’s just my two cents.

3 Likes

2 Likes

(Two cents deposited into my PayPal account).

Nothing else to add other than I enjoy the riparte, even when I am at the wrong end.

1 Like
2 Likes

Buy where do the Ashes and the eddies and Chesterfields come into? And the bone-in-beard? And the everyone else’s problem?

1 Like

Exciting cricket just interrupts things. Rain stops play at Trent Bridge, Aggers and Blowers on TMS while I’m gently dozing in the garden, beer in hand.
I keep trying to explain the zen-like joy of this to Australians but they persist in playing to actually win.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m still trying to figure out what bowling has to do with all of this.

5 Likes

Hopefully not today, though.

Besides, where’s the fun in winning all the time? English cricket being good for a few years has been all the better for them being utterly dire since the mid 80s.

1 Like

I love the differences in the UK and US between bowling and bowling, football and football, and color and colour.

2 Likes

LIKE WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN! What the fuck is a Test. And what’s a beamer? Also spinner. And I’m not sure what the fuck a doosra is, either. And quicks? Like as in a quickie? Do you mean hooking, like what a hooker does?

Byes?? Okay, bye bye bye.

2 Likes

It means the game was invented by people with waaaay too much time* on their hands who should have been doing something more constructive**. :laughing:

Like playing Mornington Crescent*** or watching opera, understanding is almost irrelevant to actual enjoyment.

signals for four byes

*Like me. **Also like me. ***A game played on BBC Radio that was popular online in the earlier days of the internet.
1 Like

All you need to know about Cricket. Plus, there’s a great story to go along with it.

I’ve read this twice and I totally don’t remember anything about cricket. I bet I was just as confused when I read this as I am now!

1 Like

Sometimes you are an ass. Other times, you are not.*

It’s the people who are always asses that get annoying.

They need to be pounded so hard.

Sometimes I like a post, think “hrm. Who is this person, what else have they said?” and go look at their profile, and go “OMG this is the useless meat-bag I was arguing with yesterday, aaaargh!” then go “hrm. Well, they were okay this one time, I guess.” and scroll down a bit and go “oh, and that other time, we were agreeing then too. Hunh.” and scroll a bit more “oh, yeah, I remember that now, that was funny!”

* I’m sure the “not an ass” applies to me at all times. [takes down halo, polishes an invisible spot, smugly hangs it back up in air above head]

3 Likes

Golf tournaments come to an end at some point.

See, Uma Thurman!

Agreed, and in case it came across that way, I didn’t mean to suggest that I think BB should change to have a paid requirement. Only that the concept was an interesting idea that I hadn’t seen used before.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 696 days. New replies are no longer allowed.