Pairing guide: 'Pop-tarts and Fine Whiskeys'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/25/pairing-guide-pop-tarts-and.html

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is misuse of both pop-tarts and whiskey.

8 Likes

I haven’t had a pop-tart in years but it sure does look like they let their icing game go to hell.

1 Like

12 Likes

i’ll allow it.

6 Likes

I was confused the first time I saw ground peanuts on top of pasta (pad thai), so I’ll give this a chance (although it does seem like a big joke.) If it doesn’t pan out I can always go back to drinking my whisky neat. No harm no foul.

3 Likes

My wife and I did a junk food pairing tasting at a vineyard, and it was fantastic. I also have my own whisky pairing: anything really peaty and coconut vanilla popcorn from Propercorn. They go great together.

3 Likes

After considerable experimentation, there are only two pop-tart varieties that I will eat, and I don’t see them included: chocolate frosted chocolate and unfrosted strawberry.

Cherry-filled, Jack Daniels, and lack-of-self-respect is a great pairing

4 Likes

9 hours in and no “Breakfast of Champions?” I am disappointed.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s been the better part of a decade since I saw any unfrosted flavor other than strawberry available in stores. I don’t know who all the weirdos are who think pop tarts don’t have enough sugar in them already.

1 Like

Hey now, I resemble that remark!

2 Likes

Obligatory:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.