Palm Springs AIDS memorial sculpture to be changed because residents say it looks like a giant anus

9 Likes

I’m not seeing it; but I am seeing way too much “you have competently completed this introductory Blender tutorial” vibe to imagine actually bothering to build such a thing.

It’s just so desperately bland.

4 Likes

The ‘rear’ view certainly is… something.

4 Likes

I think that poster got its de-clench-ions wrong.

(A joke, but I think also true? I by no means know Latin but I think it would be “Ex anus pluri” or something like that).

On the OP: what were they intending the sculpture to look like, or symbolize? If it’s an AIDS memorial, what’s the connection? Not all art has to be representational or symbolic, but a memorial kinda should.

Looks more like a giant cock ring to me…

But in seriousness, thanks to above showing the other side. I don’t think it is too bad, but I can also see why some people think it’s a little too close.

2 Likes

I don’t recall that part, is it from the episode where there was a goat with two butts?

Little bit surprised the Fox censors were ok with all the pink anuses, but I guess animals don’t count?

every city should have an anus sculpture

(only we seattleites calls it the “Black Sun” [wink wink])

4 Likes

If your anus is lop sided like that, call your doctor.

2 Likes

It was from the episode where Linda’s sister Gayle adorned the restaurant with a collection of her animal-anus-themed artwork.

bobs-burgers

4 Likes

OH yeah.

I remember seeing an episode with Gayle where she had the kids staying over, and said something about getting ready for bed by pretending there was an apocalyptic even.

She’s just like me, FR.

3 Likes

Well, FINALLY! My gosh how could they have let that giant anus stand?

I’m here to help: don’t look now, moralists of Palm Springs, but every - EVERY - donut shop in town has, on sale, some…well, someone has to investigate, is all I’m gonna say at this juncture.

2 Likes

On the whole, I like it.

1 Like

It looks like it has rays of sunlight coming out of it. So I guess it resembles my butthole, specifically.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Toy Story__thermal exhaust ports

2 Likes
1 Like

It looks like some of the concerned citizens are from the LGBT community or are allies.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.