"Palworld" promises to be Pokémon for adults

Originally published at: "Palworld" promises to be Pokémon for adults | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Oh No! More Oh no! More Lemmings

9 Likes

You can poach endangered Pals (its lawyer-friendly version of Pokémon) from protected habitats, put them to work in factories and farms, and if all else fails, just shoot them.

I’ll stick with the kid’s games, thanks

6 Likes

Yeah just to be clear since I’ve played the other offerings from this dev: it’s not Pokemon for Adults, it’s Pokemon on hallucinogens.

2 Likes

What does it say about me that I just played Pokémon today, at lunch time? I’m so ashamed …

4 Likes

I’ve never played it, but several of my partners and metamours do - and have been playing it for years! (And to forestall the obvious question, the youngest is in their early 40’s.)

2 Likes

Which generation? Not yours, the game’s.

1 Like

Last time I heard about it the messaging was a bit different. The protagonist was definitely anti-poacher. But the Steam page has this:

Q. What is this game about?

A. Palworld is a game about living a slow life with mysterious creatures “Pal” or throwing yourself into life-and-death battles with poachers.

You can make Pals fight, breed, help with farming, or work in factories.
You can also sell them off or even slaughter them to eat! That however, is forbidden by law.

Survival
This world is full of dangers such as food shortages, harsh weather, and illegal poachers. You must be prepared to do anything if you want to survive. You may even need to consume Pals sometimes…

I was going to come in here and joke about “guns r so adult” but then I saw the steam store clip of a dino nomming a penguin and I feel like I have to respect their vision (content warning: pal vore)

1 Like

There is already such a thing as Pokemon for adults. Just Google it.

Actually, wait. Don’t Google it. Repeat, do not Google it!

2 Likes

You know, the one where you throw the ball at the little bugs on the screen until the run away and you get no points, and then that professor guy shows up and says “Good try anyway, keep at it!” but you know he’s secretly mocking you as a Boomer who can’t figure out a simple video game … but I digress. I play Pokemon Go on my phone; my grandson tried to teach me one of the card games a while ago, but honestly I think he was just making up rules as we went along to watch me react.

2 Likes

(Oblig) Damn, won’t work for me, gotta download Ntscworld instead

2 Likes

Will it be as grim-dark as Pokemon?

6 Likes

Adult Pokémon?

4 Likes

I was accused of something similar, once. Trading card games do tend to have a lot of general rules to them, but then there are certain cards with text or symbols indicating a rule doesn’t apply to it. It can help with the former when there is a summary of the rules on the table.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.