Pandemic reveals continued existence of Taster's Choice

I haven’t seen any stock problems with coffee or tea. Some of the markets by me are getting lowish. But that’s because they’ve not ordered any since the whole shit show started. Prioritizing other shit.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. There are practically no shortages out there. Plenty of TP and meat and coffee and eggs are being produced. People are just buying them faster than the stores can put them on shelves or get orders in. In absurd, unusable and wasteful volumes.

So no don’t be hoarding anything.

3 Likes

Replace the Taster’s Choice with Folger’s Crystals.

See if he notices.

6 Likes

I ordered about 40 dollars worth of tea-- my usual order–ahead of schedule because I thought my supplier (Uptons) might shut down. But I don’t have the space to warehouse goods.

That’s funny. Frank never has a second cup.

7 Likes

Because it’s wrong… no.

1 Like

2 Likes

SNL__Cold Coffee__01

ETA: Road Island?

I haven’t been able to do any instant since I od’d on it while I was working 12-14 hour nights, pounding instant, and going to college for 8-10 hours a day.

Sleep is for the weak, and people who can’t afford caffeine. I was much, much younger then.

3 Likes

How can your mother have such good taste, and your father be exposed to that and have such atrocious taste?

To me the more interesting thing is how two people who live with each other daily can have such vastly differing ideas of quality on something immediately obvious upon sampling

I fortuitously bought a 3# bag of Jose’s French Roast from Costco last month. Amazingly, it’s cheaper and better tasting than the Kirkland variety. YMMV. Nonetheless, I am stocked for the duration.

1 Like

I swear to God there is a difference. A Frappe contains ice cream while a milkshake does not. Coffee Milk would be considered a cabinet. Nice article at New England Today explains the difference.

I bought Taster’s Choice last year before the pandemic and still have almost the complete bottle left. It was the only instant coffee in the place. I prefer Maxwell House instant.

The rest of the world would dispute that.

6 Likes

Not Rhode Island.

1 Like

2 Likes

I remember those. They were mostly sugar & instant milk. Coffee for people who don’t like the taste of coffee.

4 Likes

Most of the time in the Army open flames are not allowed. I knew some who would open the packets of freeze-dried coffee from our MREs, dump in their yaps, and chew. I’d add the creamer and sugar, maybe a pull from the canteen. Nice instant rush.

2 Likes

It’s not the best choice…

2 Likes

What’s interesting to me is how someone who ingests coffee for its caffeine content, who probably doesn’t think much about how it tastes, is looked down upon. I’m sure his dad knows instant coffee isn’t particularly high quality. People drink Red Bull, too, and though I don’t understand how anyone chokes down that vile yellow swill, I’m not gonna criticize someone for doing so, even if they profess absolutely loving the experience.

1 Like

De gustibus non est disputandum is a pretty good way to live for various reasons.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.