Pandemic “will last 18 months or longer,” leaked US gov’t report warns

Crossposted from elsewhere on the BBS

11 Likes

So I can find it in the future: “Selected Donald Trump Quotations and US COVID-19 cases”

2 Likes

Agreed. They played it stupid in 2016 and will likely play it stupider in 2020.

1 Like

it needs updating with his new quotes about how if only we’d known in advance we could have done something. #@$!

3 Likes

We get President Pelosi.

Trump doesn’t get more time just because there is no election.

2 Likes

Okay.

Pelosi: Mister trump, please vacate the Whitehouse.
Trump: no.

Then we get 2 presidents. Great.

The White House is a building.

The President is an office.

And we can only have one person in it at a time. Trump’s bluster will not spark a revolution. It will merely show the world again we many of us have known: Donald Trump is not fit for the office.

I can only hope there will be someone empowered and inclined to physically remove him from office and deny him his official privileges when the time comes to get rid of him.

At this point I’m not convinced anyone cares to and has the ability simultaneously.

1 Like

But, you know what will? NO FOOD IN MY FUCKING GROCERY STORE.

Get ready.

4 Likes

We might have the opportunity to admire how fast a panic turns into an uprising.

2 Likes

If Trump insists he is still President, a helluva lot of his supporters (including many of those in the highest levels of government) will choose to believe he is still President regardless of what the law has to say about it. And then we will have ourselves an even more volatile situation than the one we find ourselves in now.

I don’t think everyone appreciates how much “peaceful transition of power” depends on those who are in power being willing to play by the rules governing transition of power.

7 Likes

I see all of this as a bigger opening for the US to be invaded if we want to talk about brass tacks.

By whom? Canada or Russia?

The jangling between China and the US has me freaked.

They were trading kicks to the dick over the South China Seas in Jan ? Feb ?

And Trump almost starting a war with Iran a few months ago.

Everything seems so frail.

2 Likes

Who would even want this place at this point?

2 Likes

Well … if you are handing it out I’m willing to take the whole thing.

The country is gorgeous. Agriculturally it is amazing. It has rail and roads and lots of stuff.

And that isn’t even getting to the people ourselves.

But to answer that question: China. China wants capacity.

2 Likes

I find it somewhat less-than-likely that China would use this moment to orchestrate a full scale land invasion of the United States.

Even if they were hankerin’ for WWIII it’s not like they aren’t a little busy with the Coronavirus themselves.

1 Like

I’m just answering with my panic attack voice.

1 Like

Well, save your panic attacks for the Republicans. They have been itching to get way more out of line for years. We are going to need every crazy motherfucker that we can lay a pitchfork on.

2 Likes

save my panic attacks ?

i am the fucking frito lay dorito machine of panic attacks at the moment.

i’m make more!

1 Like