Pandering to zealotry Trump says America worships Christian god

I read about this. It is a really neat find and another example at how wide trading and exchange was even 1000 years ago. Thought part of me thinks this might be like getting a Chinese tattoo because it looked cool and was supposed to mean one thing, even if it said another :wink:

In other words, a Mammonite.

Arabic coins (Dirhems) have been found in larger quantities in viking trading posts (Haithabu, Birka). The transition period from a “pagan” to christian belief system was peppered by times/incidents of syncretic merger between the two. That other monotheistic beliefs they encountered got the same treatment is no surprise.

Actually it’s both. The rampant slavering nationalism/jingoism is an obvious sign.

2 Likes

Just wait until the British fascists see what Offa of Mercia put on his coins 1250 years ago

for comparison here’s a dinar of similar age.

4 Likes

In my opinion the talk has become the walk for many Christians. They claim certain values, and may even live them out to the people they come into direct contact with, but turn around and support the opposite for minorities, women and brown people they never have to meet.

3 Likes

That would mean that they would have to know history. At least more of history than the retconned white textbook versions.

3 Likes

I know, it seems like they keep pushing the War on Christmas earlier and earlier every year. I mean it’s barely even the time for War on Halloween yet.

8 Likes

I think it’s an end-run. The Militant Christmas Defenders also tend to be the anti-Halloween forces, now that they’ve pushed the Christmas War into October, there’s hardly time to have Halloween, let alone fight over it. Sneaky bastards.

3 Likes

Thank you!! I knew that phrase sounded familiar.

A very Christian woman recently told me, when talking about her church, “You know, Christians are persecuted here.” I answered that I didn’t know, wow, can you tell me how? She thought, and finally came up with, “Well, you know, generally persecuted.” Luckily, this was at water jog, so I was able to move away before I burst into laughter.

7 Likes

She probably meant people like me, who tore into facebook friends that I went to church with as a child (my father was the pastor). I literally wished a pox upon their houses for hijacking the Kaepernick narrative.
So yeah, I’m probably going to hell for persecuting Christians. If it exists. If I care.

4 Likes

Ugh. Hanging out with zealots used to be so much more fun

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.