Paraglider takes off on his couch eating chips and drinking soda

Attention to the guys back in the 90s who drove their couch around the streets of…(Seattle?)… this guy just upped the ante.

6 Likes

As Spinal Tap so wisely observed, there is a fine line between clever and stupid…

3 Likes

The spirit of Lawnchair Larry lives on!

2 Likes

You mean the 100 mph tape?

1 Like

This is great. It’s a “Why? Why the hell not!” kind of thing. Amusing for some, insane for others.

I can see the ironic appeal of an expert wanting to do something nutty and amusing that would leave his mark on the world.

2 Likes

That bit struck me as well. Basically he is swinging a wrecking ball in a beach promenade and hoping that people will get out of the way.

I do think he reinforced the couch somehow, though. Otherwise why would this take two years to prepare?

1 Like

It looked to me like the couch is sitting on a steel frame, and the straps were likely attached to that underneath. Who can say for sure, though.

2 Likes

This seems crazy, but then I remember things like this guy did

and of course more recently this guy

and I think, by comparison, couch paraglider guy is just riding an amusement park chairlift more or less.

1 Like

To generalize HL Mencken: One cannot lose money by underestimating the intelligence of humanity.

4 Likes

I admire Carla’s optimism in adding a “armchair-paragliding” to this post.
Unbelievably this is the only story with this tag :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.