This is competitive indoor skydiving

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/03/this-is-competitive-indoor-sky.html

5 Likes

Dang!

Side note: I wonder how much it costs to spend the time at the wind tunnel to become this talented? Or is there a bulk rate?

5 Likes

Wind tunnel? I thought that was a momentum inverter? Oh those aren’t… haha… never mind, they don’t exist yet.

6 Likes

OK Go will use this in their next music video. Calling it now.

11 Likes

If those are the silver medalists, what did the gold medalists do? :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Carousel, Carousel…

11 Likes

Genting in Malaysia was pretty cheap. I paid 30 RM (10 AUD) for two flights of two minutes each.

1 Like

Complaint about the vertigo inducing camera work!

1 Like

This should be an Olympic sport. Not synchronized frigging swimming.

8 Likes

Not new.
I remeber seeing this on That’s Incredible! Or maybe Real People.

4 Likes

In other news, we now know your minimum age because you remember these shows.

9 Likes

highly likely that at least some of them work at their local indoor skydiving venue. the time I did it, the instructor was casually doing all sorts of tricks just as he crossed the space to prep the next student. even if they don’t work there, I expect the team has an “in” with their local venue. I wonder if the venues sponsor the teams, the way the best skaters I knew had shop sponsorships?

2 Likes

A) good grief
B) I assume rule 34 applies here?

5 Likes

beat me to it! damn.

carousel

1 Like
  1. I’m hoping. If this was done by lingerie models, I’d set the channel and destroy the remote.

Are they following strict Calvinball rules?

5 Likes

TIL rule 34.

2 Likes

You’re one of today’s lucky 10,000!

(And, by the way, on behalf of the Boing Boing Committee for Preserving the Sanity of the Members, I am so, so, sorry.)

3 Likes

We did a family trip to the place here in Fayetteville (called Paraclete). It was a really cool experience. We were almost exactly like this Czech team, except with zero control and buckets of snot flying everywhere. It was awesome. My little girl was like a leaf in a hurricane in there. The instructor had to hold onto her continuously so that she didn’t slam into the walls.

That instructor could fly around in there like a bird. At the very end, he flew each of us up to the top and back down to the bottom, several times, rapidly. Easy, right? It’s a whole lot better and worse than it sounds.

4 Likes