Trampwall—trampoline wall running—from Cirque du Soleil to your backyard

Originally published at: Trampwall—trampoline wall running—from Cirque du Soleil to your backyard | Boing Boing

6 Likes

So kinda like acrobat half-pipe? Awesome, looking forward to inclusion in the Olympics. The native fish-eye of phone cameras creating hyper-foreshortening and exaggerated perspective (fore-lengthening?) made it all feel like a Ron Wimberly joint:

6 Likes

That’s some radical moves, incredible balancing acts - putting just enough energy boost in off the wall to return perfectly to a standing stop where you just jumped off is precision indeed.

I was reminded of this (rather more sedate, but no less impressive) piece, " La mécanique de l’Histoire":

6 Likes

I can’t be the only one who thought it said “Trumpwall”, right?

5 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

For some reason I flash backed to Dave.

6 Likes

I figured it was a Pussy Riot cover band

2 Likes

Asides from the incredible skill on display (it looks easy so it most certainly is not)…

I found it refreshing to be reminded that competitions dont need 10 minute background sob stories (ahem, American Ninja Warrior etc.) and can have competitors who treat eachother with respect while having fun.

3 Likes
4 Likes

This is like seeing parkour for first time: “Ok, that’s a thing.”

Looks like some (well-off person’s) back yard. But the whole setup is custom and must be tens of thousands of $$$.

These guy’s are all gymnasts? So trampwalling is just a fun “side-effect” of their training?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.