How to get over a fence like a boss, and also not

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/24/how-to-get-over-a-fence-like-a.html

4 Likes

Now that is stylish.

4 Likes

what happens if it higher still :slight_smile:

1 Like

In contrast to the so-called “cinematography”. What the fuck is wrong with people? #TYFPS

1 Like

My shins cried just seeing the kneel-jump one.

2 Likes

My condolences to his shins and lower back if he tries that in New England. All the chain link fences around here look like this:

Let me know where to send the flowers.

1 Like

That’s disappointing. From my limited knowledge of New England, I thought that it was all picket fences and gambrel roofs in an HP Lovecraft style.

10 Likes

Ours look like that only rustier.

I admire the guy’s physical fitness but when I jump over a fence that low I don’t want any of my clothing touching it!

3 Likes

Reminds me of a story. In the 1990s, my next door neighbor was a WWII vet, well into his 70s. Great guy. One day he came over while I was doing yardwork in the back. He had a habit of talking amiably for a while, then saying, “Well, bye,” and leaving abruptly. This time, we talked for a while, he said his, “Well, bye,” and then he did the most effortless leap over the chain-link fence between our yards. It took me a while to pick my jaw up off the grass. But then I realized he’d done a crap-ton of that stuff in the French bocage 50 years prior. Muscle memory.

8 Likes

Me, I use the gate like a boss. I’ve never once slipped a disc, or broken a leg that way.

6 Likes

That’s just what the Deep Ones want you to think. They lull your fragile sanity with images of bucolic towns, gambrel roofs, and windswept beaches; then you get here and it’s all batrachian visages, exophthalmic eyes and livid gill slits. Before you know it you’re locked inside a bungalow behind a chainlink fence, dreading the coming of the gibbous moon that with it brings the soft, squelching of webbed feet on your porch.

14 Likes

Always these damned Cthulhu’s Witnesses!

11 Likes

8 Likes

Check and Mate!

13 Likes

I’m kinda on the fence about this guy.

4 Likes

What I wonder about these videos is what the ratio is of “success to blooper.” The successful ones look like accidents that freakishly turned out to be fine, and I wonder how much of that is actually true…

3 Likes

So do I. On the one hand, there’s the fact that even the best professionals make mistakes regularly - I’m thinking of the top competitors on Ninja Warrior, for example. On the other hand, I’ve met (for example) martial artists who regularly and effortlessly do things I would never even attempt.

3 Likes

You’re more observant than the average person, then.

Many’s the time I’ve seen somebody do something jawdroppingly impressive (ever seen Indian temple dance?) and the people around me are like “what? Meh, I could do that.”. Which they could not.

5 Likes

That is likely the only sense in which that claim has ever been true, btw.

2 Likes

Skateboarding is like that; even the simplest things are ridiculously hard.

Every halfway decent skater you see has determination to burn.

2 Likes