Watch this fellow nail an absolutely insane parkour jump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/13/watch-this-fellow-nail-an-abso.html

8 Likes

…and then casually walk up a wall…sigh…i’m so fat :pensive:

22 Likes

Where is the other guy holding his beer?

14 Likes

Wow…that is some confidence.
One take?
Serious question…which would be worse, overshooting or undershooting the rail?

2 Likes

I’d think undershooting the rail would break your lower legs (and possibly kneecaps if you slid down). If you have enough forward inertia, an undershoot could give you a very quick face-plant as your feet hook the railing.
If you overshoot, you end up tumbling onto the floor. There might be some scrapes involved but you wouldn’t be maimed.

10 Likes

Sometimes humans can do the most amazing things… and then we have trump.

4 Likes

Unless you overshoot and you are maimed.

1 Like

Always feel inadequate when watching people like this. Such amazing co-ordination/balance :open_mouth:

Was an epic struggle for me to even learn to ride a bike (I distinctly remember the green stains on the ends of my handlebars from grass/hedges when learning, it DID NOT come easy. My brother was worse, he never managed it), even now i can be a bit erratic/wobbly on it riding at low speeds.

5 Likes

One more scenario that sounds awful…slightly undershooting, toes catch the railing, catapulting face into the other side of railing

i just… i mean… holy shit.

2 Likes

If this were in a film, and it weren’t a superhero, wuxia or Jackie Chan movie, I’d sneer at the lack of realism.

6 Likes

Over the last few years, ‘truth’ has become consistently ‘stranger than fiction.’

5 Likes

definitely undershooting. In addition to what others said, you need to keep in mind that undershooting leaves him on the open side of a concrete stairwell. Not only would he fall backwards, he’d fall down a floor. I’d assume serious head injury if he landed on the flat, and possible (probable?) death if his head hit the stairs.

2 Likes

Truth used to be stranger than fiction. Now it’s just shittier.

8 Likes

Sadly, that does seem to be the case as well.

4 Likes

For anyone watching this: it would be in no way less cool if there was a shipping container full of packing peanuts just beneath the frame…

6 Likes

Well sure. They don’t post the 17 times he died prior to surviving this one take.

15 Likes

Aren’t we a gory-minded lot; next we’ll be taking bets on whether folks that do these type of things survive until next month…:japanese_ogre:

I think I hurt my legs just by watching this video.

Having jumped similar vertical distances onto grass as a kiddo, that is pretty intense on the knees. I bet whoever built those railings is glad they didn’t cut corners.