Parents upset over child's toy that says "Fuck you"

[Permalink]

1 Like

Sounds to me more like ā€œfoughtā€™n, odd one outā€, or possibly ā€œfartinā€™, odd one outā€. I guess people hear what they want to hear though.

That Peppa Pig is as foul-mouthed as a sailor.

3 Likes

Sounds to me like a kid with a heavy British accent, not ā€œdefectiveā€.

1 Like

It appears Peppa has taught the boyā€™s father to say the forbidden word in front of his child, as well.

Are you, Mark, implying that this man is a bad parent or is somehow to blame?

1 Like

Come on. Peppaā€™s head looks like genitalia. Is anyone surprised that a toy Peppa would cuss like a sailor?

He also says in front of the kid that ā€œheā€™s not like a normal kidā€ which is also implying something.

Well if the guy is upset that his toddler heard the words "ā€œF*ck Youā€, youā€™d think that he himself would be careful about saying it in front of the little guy. It doesnā€™t necessary indicate bad parenting but it wonā€™t help him win the father-of-the-year award either.

1 Like

Not sure it sounds even like a heavily accented fook youā€¦ Fart maybe. Whatever dad, lighten up. One of my facepalm times as a parent was being good about not letting my default frustration swear word pass my lips and then as the boy is starting to talk/read he points to a picture in one of his books and says ā€˜blue fuckā€™ for a blue truck of course. I just felt like yeah canā€™t win at all here and it was amusing. The kid grew out of if fast enough without any coaxing or punishment.

Iā€™m implying that it is funny. Itā€™s also the kind of thing I would do, if I actually gave fuck about a toy that said ā€œfuckā€ in the presence of my toddler.

2 Likes

Another Case of Poor audio quality leading to offence.

Nahā€¦this one isnā€™t even worth a commentā€¦

Well, maybe they could see if they could get a replacement child, seeing as this one is apparently ruinedā€¦

1 Like

The dad is settinā€™ up for a lawsuit. One meelion dollars!

My daughter went through a phase of pronouncing ā€œcastleā€ as ā€œassholeā€. And then followed that up with ā€œcockā€ for ā€œclockā€. So of course, I had to ask her if anybody should ever put a clock in their castle (she said no). Yes, I am easily amused.

1 Like

My son pronounced Basketball Hoop as Butt Ball Poop. It remains a funny joke in our family, years later.

Well if itā€™s NOT the toy, where could the child have heard such language?

'tis a mystery, to be sure, to be sureā€¦

It apparently is all my fault that our eldest (4.5) says ā€œbuttsā€ all the time.

Iā€¦ have no idea why my wife would say such a blatantly dishonest thing, he said, averting his eyes to the side and fidgeting.

Currently his favorite thing to say is ā€œbutt-hammer.ā€ Nobody is really sure what a butt-hammer is, but it seems an effective threat for all of his toys - ā€œOh no, here comes the butt-hammer!ā€ - or his sister - ā€œAnna, why are you crying?ā€ ā€œMonkey said I was a butt-hammer Iā€™m NOT Iā€™m a GIRL!!ā€

He also sometimes says ā€œdamage!ā€ but Iā€™m sure I have no idea what thatā€™s a mis-pronounciation of, ahem, I am not going to correct it.

What is the toy saying? I find Peppaā€™s accent charming enough, but I guess it is a bit thick for the fidelity of 10Ā¢ voice synthetizers. That tech never got much better, did it?

1 Like

Texas Instruments ruled the Golden age of voice synthesis. Which was burned to the ground and salted six feet deep with the dawn of cheap digital recorders.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.