Passenger in locked luggage compartment of moving bus called 911 for help

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/06/passenger-in-locked-luggage-co.html

4 Likes

That seems like an odd thing to do. Maybe it’s just me. I feel like there’s a whole other side to that story.

16 Likes

It’s just you.

I would’ve just sat back and enjoyed the ride.

1 Like

at least she got a row to herself

6 Likes

Bus Driver: Come on, we’re in a hurry. Is there anyone in the luggage compartment?

Woman’s Husband: Just an old bag.

Bus Driver (locks door): Okay let’s roll.

11 Likes

The best take.

2 Likes

Did she at least get a discount?

Here’s an update that provides a bit more context.

Crean said it is his understanding that the passenger asked Alberty if she could retrieve something from her luggage during the stopover in Hartford.

The stop is usually very short, 10 minutes or so, and drivers will usually not allow passengers to retrieve their luggage, Crean said. But Alberty said yes and opened the compartment, and then apparently left the passenger alone for a time.

When she returned, she did not see the woman, assumed she had gotten back on the bus, and then shut and locked the compartment door.

12 Likes

(whispers) Mayella Ewell.

1 Like

A company official said the accused driver has an outstanding record and has garnered more accolades than you “could shake a stick at.”

The company official later added, “But don’t shake any sticks at her, because she is likely to lock you in her bus.”

6 Likes

Wowza! That driver really threw her under the bus, huh?

:wink:

3 Likes

Hey, if you drive for Peter Pan Lines, and your name is Wendy, there’s not much they won’t let you do.

5 Likes

I’ve seen emergency buttons inside those luggage compartments. Probably just notifies the driver though, which doesn’t help if they’re the one who locked you in…

2 Likes

It doesn’t say if there is a pre-existing relationship here, say of the mother-in-law variety, which would provide a perfectly cromulent explanation, reducing it to a dog-bites-man level of picayunity.

Soft-sided or hard-sided?

1 Like

I an error she had booked steerage when she meant to book coach.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.