Passengers having sex on plane are exposed when flight attendant opens door (video)

Originally published at: Passengers having sex on plane are exposed when flight attendant opens door (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Oh man, they didn’t even flush beforehand? Gross.

8 Likes

Damn, that’s only a 2.5 hour flight. That’s maybe like an hour of seatbelt-sign-off time. They had plans.

11 Likes

3 Likes

An Easyjet flight from UK to Ibiza?

I bet it happens on every one of those.

8 Likes

Isn’t Ibiza the party destination? I don’t know a ton about it other than lots of electronica artists and DJs makes songs about/inspired by/from there.

Like this.

1 Like

Speaking of fucking around on a plane, Crypto Pierre was doing the play-by-play.

3 Likes

I don’t even think there’s a big enough barf bag to put over your head and hide the shame. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

First rule of the Mile High Club: quickies only

8 Likes

Yeah, and there’s a whole phenomenon of young British people going on (really cheap) holidays in various parts of Spain in order to drink obscene amounts of alcohol and have sex and annoy the shit out of the locals, who have to navigate around passed-out, half-naked, vomit-soaked Brits in their daily lives. So yeah, nothing about this is surprising.

14 Likes

Everyone looks somewhat sauced as they laugh their asses off. I would venture the two in the loo were just as drunk.

1 Like

Yikes! How long has that been going on? If for years, then it could be construed that Spain’s leaders have demonstrably accepted that sort of tourism. At 15% of GDP, asshole tourists may have the upper hand.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

There’s a history of British beach tourism in Spain since the '50s, but this particular phenomenon started, I think, in the '80s. From what I’ve read, there’s a real tension between the locals in the beach tourist areas that have these incredibly cheap package holidays (including lots of alcohol) aimed at young Brits, and the businesses that rely on those particular tourists, that dominate the economy. Last year the Spanish government started cracking down on “unlimited alcohol” tourism packages, limiting them to including “only” six drinks a day - which tourists then supplemented by going to bars (which presumably just dispersed the drinkers). Currently there’s a push in Spain to replace these cheap packages with higher-end offerings, but I don’t know if there’s the same kind of market for that and whether it’ll work…

3 Likes

Trouser snakes on a plane?

But seriously, why is this illegal? They were behind closed doors. If anything, the person who opened the door should be guilty of exposing them.

1 Like

Safety? Health? Nuisance? Take your pick.

5 Likes

I have no idea how exactly the 6-drinks/day limit (a predictable failure) is controlled in those tourism packages, but, living in the Digital Age, it should not be difficult at all for all bars to be tied into some real-time database of who got served (ID: passports), when, and how much, and thereby force tourists on these packages to stick to the limit. That won’t happen, I suspect. Supplementing bars want the business, locals (who don’t profit from tourism) and – like everywhere else – have little power, and the signaling of higher-end offerings as a solution indicates that the bars and the government want the tour bucks to flow in unabated. Businesses and government v. locals. Gee. Wonder how that’ll work out.

I suppose another solution would be Spanish cops citing troublesome tourists and then not allowing them back into Spain for a time?

Did they pay the ‘Sex in the toilet’ surcharge? Or is that Ryan Air? /s

Proof reading. Not very good at it. Tense.

3 Likes

The local economy, that is.

Brexiteer retirees living in southern Spain were convinced that they would be allowed to stay because their presence was so important to the Spanish economy.

4 Likes