Patch tatty jeans with intentionally tatty patches

Right?! Silly me!

6 Likes

Nerd chic, @IronEdithKidd!

Family Matters Dancing GIF

8 Likes

They’re comfy but still repel stickers and hay. They promise stories and architectural forbearance.

2 Likes

Yeah, hard pass! It’s horribly uncomfortable for me. :sob:

I chose to live in a place that’s supposed to have winter, and I accept that pants are required about half the year, but Holy Hell, why do pants have to suck so much for most women 10 out of every 20 years?!?

7 Likes

Happy Sunday Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Also, where are our pockets!!!

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m exclusively rocking Asda jeans cos there’s no clothes shops (well, no TK Maxx, I’m not stupid enough to buy from actual clothes shops). They disintegrate real fast (tho they are very stretchy, which is also handy cos lockdown made me fat).

2 Likes

Urkel, Schmurkel. You want high waistband, Sir Patrick is your go-to guy:

4 Likes

That look is known as the ‘nordic waistline’ back in Minnesota, or at least as published in the book How to Speak Minnesotan. Can’t say I ever heard it before the book was published, but after…you betcha!

3 Likes

Jeans are top of my list of things that have not seen the light of day for a year. I may have given them up forever. The rest:

Bras
make up
fancy shoes
polite public smiles

4 Likes

Folk Punk.

2 Likes

Where possible, I’ve switched to 90%+ cotton overalls with an insane number of pockets. I know this is not an option for all people in all places.

I can’t tell you how freeing it is to (a) not carry a purse; (b) not carry a tool bag or tool belt; ( c) not worry about whether my cell phone will fit in the ridiculously-undersized pockets [of other clothes]; and (d) if I get dirt and stains on my overalls over the course of the day, it looks like those belong there.

If I could convince myself that utilikilts weren’t ruined reputationally, I’d probably go for those, next round, especially when it’s 3 months of Texas summer @100°F+ with nights in the ~ 90s°F.

3 Likes

wait, what’s this? what happened?

2 Likes

Y’allqueada ruined utilikilts for non-racist people.

3 Likes

oh, poppycock! i refuse to let them ruin a perfectly good piece of clothing. they already claim the flag, and i refuse to let them take kilts, too. it’s the only (so far) socially acceptable way for men to wear skirts!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.