Paul Manafort indicted

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/30/paul-manafort-indicted.html

12 Likes

46 Likes

So, is this the beginning of a series of indictments, or will Manafort take the fall for the team? Hoping for the former, but suspecting the latter…

15 Likes

We need an update to that political cartoon–the one about the stages through the Trump White House on a conveyor belt, in order to add a set of cop cars waiting outside.

8 Likes

tumblr_ojoqiwYenv1qavqqoo1_1280

Over/under on nixon?

45 Likes

Mueller wants him to flip and give up some dirt on Trump. With an army of lawyers whipsering in his ear, he’s unlikely to crack. I suspect he will go to court himself and try to fight the charges.

6 Likes

I’ve got to go Under, even if only because either: 1) He won’t have as many years to accumulate them; 2) He’ll pardon dozens of people making prosecuting them not worthwhile; or 3) America will not have a justice system capable of going after him by the time he’s done.

20 Likes

Does “against the wall, after the revolution” count as a conviction?

13 Likes

"conspiracy against the United States"

Get a rope.

Will Manafort be the fall guy? Will he fall on the sword for trump?

8 Likes

tumblr_ow2dq4a8wL1w97wono1_540

20 Likes

22 Likes

Put me down for hopeful on Under years, Over for everything else.

6 Likes

Edit:

14 Likes

Destroy all Monsters

21 Likes

I’m sure you’re right. But I see this going in two likely directions:

1. Manafort does not fold and the investigation leaves things, more or less, like that. Republicans say, we investigated and this is all that there was – nothing directly linked to the administration, just his fired campaign director.
  2. Mueller keeps pushing and is himself removed

Neither of those scenarios brings this house of cards down, I’m afraid.

7 Likes

The best people:

“Paul J. Manafort, Jr., 68, of Alexandria, Va., and Richard W. Gates III, 45, of Richmond, Va., have been indicted by a federal grand jury on Oct. 27, 2017, in the District of Columbia. The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.” CNN

18 Likes

But it’s not just Manafort - Rick Gates was Manafort’s protege & biz partner - he stayed on with the campaign after Manafort left.

12 Likes

This is a great chart! Can you have a source please?

6 Likes

Take it to the streets?
South Koreans did that last year.

Through disciplined, focused, lengthy protesting, the people of South Korea were able to drive out the top rascals.

If an overwhelming majority Americans were to engage in same, would this be the very activity that white supremacists and other violent racist groups hope to target to start their so-called race war?

And how would the local constabulary, state troopers and federal military reservists (no doubt called upon/mobilized by nervous state governors) react?

7 Likes

You are using all the best words. Bigly. Believe me.

5 Likes