Paul Manafort's $15000 ostrich jacket

very Manafortian.

Roger That!

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see them in matching orange jumpsuits.

7 Likes

1 Like

I hope someday they get to live my dream of them becoming a prison doo-wop group, Little Donnie with Cohen and the Manaforts, and embarking on a 50 states apology tour where they sing from inside a latrine.

7 Likes

Uh, think you just have to kill one, maybe two to make a jacket. And they have farms that raise ostriches to eat/make stuff out of. They do have a unique look to the leather. I am betting you can get one a lot cheaper than $15,000 if you looked around. People sell jackets made from cow for thousands of dollars - hell PURSES for thousands of dollars. It isn’t just what it is made of but brand prestige.

As for the jacket itself, I don’t think Manafort is young enough to pull off that look.

4 Likes

“Your honor, I call Derek Zoolander to the stand to serve as an expert witness.”

11 Likes

The only guy who gets to wear that stuff, in my view, is the poster expert on Antiques Roadshow.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/appraisers/nicholas-d-lowry/

3 Likes

This bag shows off the texture:

3 Likes

OK, BUT it must be accompanied with the curled handlebar 'stash.

7 Likes

Already evidence submitted shows he spent 1.3 million in 4 years year on boutique clothing. Paid it all with international wire fransferes. And this is just from two stores. Waiting for the business expenses, Yankees season tickets, oh, and 1 million more on oriental rugs. And he worked for Trump for ‘free’. He’s never getting out of jail but if he does, he’s going to owe a lot of money to some nice Russians.

6 Likes

Is that…an ostrich… hoodie?

2 Likes

Or maybe the Mayor of Amity Island.

3 Likes

I feel semi-well informed about most Manafort stuff, but I’m still unclear about whether he’s accused of buying crazy expensive things using ill-gotten gains, or if he’s accused of buying things at a spectacularly inflated price in the course of money-laundering. Or both?

1 Like

That’s the one.

4 Likes

A little of both. It was a way of him getting compensated off the books, which goes to the whole tax evasion case.

We haven’t yet heard about Paulie Numbnuts turning around and selling these over-priced sartorial monstrosities to other wealthy people with no taste at sixty-five cents on the dollar so I don’t think he converted them into cash. However, I’m confident that at least one cash-only business will be mentioned during the course of the trial.

4 Likes

What I wouldn’t give for the Anchor blazer!

2 Likes

It’s like he wanted to spend as much money on one article of clothing as possible. But he wanted to do it at Walmart.

6 Likes

Growing up, my father had a pair of ostrich leather boots, so the appearance is completely unsurprising… Did people think that you made clothes out of the feathers or something!?

Though I would never buy such a costly item, it’s hardly that surprising that it costs so much… Any hand-tailored jacket will be expensive, especially made of any kind of leather. Not saying this is a normal purchase or anything… It’s certainly crass… He’s garbage person, but this aspect of his life is not worth anyone’s time.

2 Likes

I get the feeling that someone who wears an ostrich jacket never misses an opportunity to inform anyone within earshot that it is in fact an ostrich jacket.