Paul Manafort's $15000 ostrich jacket

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/02/paul-manaforts-15000-ostric.html

4 Likes

That’s it???

What is the point of murdering a flock of ostriches in order to make a jacket that looks pretty much like your standard cowskin jacket? Douchebag rich guy FAIL. The whole world is supposed to instantly know just from looking how incredibly expensive your jacket was.

10 Likes

It looks like those Adidas clothes the Russians wear with the white stripes all over… just saying…

13 Likes

Reminds me of that Far Side cartoon where an elephant is incensed to learn the poachers who severed his leg turned it into a wastebasket.

16 Likes

Had more feathers before he laundered it.

13 Likes

24 Likes

Yeah, I would have preferred that staying on a magnificent ostrich instead of ornamenting that ungainly jail bird.

10 Likes

For me, the thing that kills it is the elastic cuffs and waistband- those are a bad look on any garment.

If the jacket was meant for heavy, all season outdoor work, then fine. I have a canvas work jacket with elastic cuffs that are recessed inside a seamed sleeve and it’s great; keeps out the cold and discourages snow from infiltrating my gloves. But Manafort’s jacket looks like a barely designed, expensively made asset intended to be resold for cash rather than worn.

Or maybe the guy is just really enamored of that 70s mobster-in-a-velour-tracksuit look.

10 Likes

This jacket is the one that got me. They should have just made it Exhibit A and asked the jury to put him away for crimes against fashion.

24 Likes

$15,000 for Members Only?
This goes to show that taste and money are often in inverse proportion.

8 Likes

Looks like the kind of shitty jacket you’d see at a thrift store that no one wants to buy

5 Likes

It’s like those pleather jackets companies hand out to employees. I hope it has the logo of his sponsors on the back.

8 Likes

The clients who were buying it for him through those foreign bank transfers are certainly partial to that kind of fashion statement.

12 Likes

Well I think it looks all right. I’d wear it.

3 Likes

Should’ve kept his head in the sand…

Made me think of Hawkeye . . . bro.

6 Likes

You’ve seen the tigress and lioness - This way to the amazing egress!

4 Likes

I think the Trump campaign staffers did a group buy somewhere.

21 Likes

In all fairness, in even relatively close proximity the feather-marks of the ostrich would be pretty obvious, as they are even in this photo. The leather does indeed look like what ostrich leather usually looks like.

I could see him rocking this pretty well…

IN PRISON!!! hahahaha

3 Likes

As an owner of multiple generations of Members Only jackets from ages of probably 8 through 40 (at present) all I can respond with is…

slaps MaiqTheLiar with a glove

Pistols at dawn!

:wink:

3 Likes