Paul Manafort's $15000 ostrich jacket

Why did you put Ostrich in quotes? That usually used to convey irony or that the thing isn’t the thing - but this is ostrich, no?

Didn’t we get revenge when Archie Duke killed an ostrich because he was hungry?

It wasn’t worth it, just look at all the trouble it caused.

3 Likes

You are right, of course. But I hear some rich men buy gifts for young women.

6 Likes

I found some cheap ones in less than a minute. If you’re a size 2 and like green you’re in luck…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Pelle-Pelle-Marc-Buchanan-Ostrich-Leather-Bomber-Jacket-42-Mens-Full-Quill/202377037204?hash=item2f1e9c8594%3Ag%3ADpMAAOSwJ3Ras-Xz%3Asc%3AUSPSPriorityFlatRateBox!94560!US!-1&_sacat=0&_nkw=ostrich+jacket&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xostrich+jacket.TRS0

That being said, there are a lot for thousands of dollars. And they’re all a pretty… bold statement.

I love Baldrick! Especially in Blackadder Goes Fourth.

baldrick-go-home

6 Likes

Damn, I was picturing something fluffy with feathers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Worth-New-York-Olive-Green-Embossed-Ostrich-Genuine-Leather-Jacket-Size-2/182829340864?hash=item2a917a58c0%3Ag%3AR5QAAOSwB-tZ4Uw2&_sacat=0&_nkw=ostrich+jacket&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xostrich+jacket.TRS0

Olive green genuine leather with embossed Ostrich pattern that is very well executed to replicate the real thing.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here.

$15K, pfft - the python one was $18,500…

3 Likes

Crap! I fake news’d!

1 Like

The purchases appear to have hit a note with the wider public. After prosecutors first spoke about a $15,000 jacket “made from an ostrich” in the trial’s first minutes, the anti-animal cruelty group PETA published a letter Wednesday to Manafort’s lawyer.

The group asked Manafort to donate the ostrich jacket to them so they can teach children it was “cruelly obtained.” Manafort could receive a tax deduction, PETA added.

PETA is the sort of organization that would bring an official NFL Football to a kids game, and then calmly explain that “Blood is on your hands” to those who were unfortunate enough to have scored touchdowns.

6 Likes

Now I’m intrigued. Suppose we sent Paul Manafort out to buy a box of matches: what would he come back with? Best not to try - it would probably involve felling the last 500-year old tree, or chopping up some antique.

Step one of showing someone failed to pay their taxes is to show they had the money.
Step two is showing how they used that money to buy stuff bypassing the usual channels like a normal bank account.
This is something the judge seemed to have difficulty with when he stated having lots of money and spending it on expensive stuff isn’t a crime.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I feel that way in general about almost all leather jackets but this one is next level awful.

4 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.