Paul Manafort's inability to save Word files as PDFs provided the evidence necessary to indict him for fraud

Hum. This is just redundant.

1 Like

Well,no one has ever accused anyone in the Trump Administration of being smart. Or even merely competent. The phrase ‘box of rocks’ does come to mind though.

4 Likes

Converting to Microsoft Word? Maybe he emailed it to the wrong Gates. badumtss

3 Likes

Another Clippy scenario:

It appears you are trying to commit fraud. Would you like to:

• Find pointers on how to cover your tracks
  • Get suggestions on how to launder money
  • Turn yourself in to law enforcement
6 Likes

Jeez. But the average of 3 and 5 = 4, so that’s not cheating, right?

I have the feeling you didn’t try to justify yourself mathematically.

2 Likes

Non-intuitive user interfaces aren’t just annoyances.

They get people indicted!

2 Likes

1 Like

I’ve worked for people like this.

4 Likes

“Why does it say both Save and Save As?”

10 Likes

The shame is there isn’t a “save ass” function.

If only life were so simple.

14 Likes

In fact, most people I’ve worked for have been like this.

5 Likes

That’s what’s amazing - this Trump crew is stupid even by Watergate standards.

8 Likes

No need to worry to much when his buddy the POTUS bestows a presidential pardon if convicted.

That’s if when you say “The shame,” you mean, “It’s a damn good thing, in this case at least.”

1 Like

Heh. You see through my veil, you devil you.

1 Like

Did you try telling her it was just a novel you were writing?

1 Like

You’d think someone so committed to skulduggery as Manafort would know that cryptography is his friend and never send anything in clear email. Or that he would at least be familiar with passworded PDFs as a simple way to communicate securely.

It kind of reminds me of a story someone told me of how as a child before they finally got glasses they just assumed everyone else’s vision was as bad as theirs and they would make faces at people believing that they couldn’t see them. Manafort didn’t understand communications technology and therefore assumed no one else could.

2 Likes

“Crypt-o-who now? You mean that ghoul puppet who hosted the horror anthology show on HBO back in the 90s?”

2 Likes

Manafort denies having ever duggered a skull and blames the allegations on fake media.

Ah, but there’s the fallacy.
It’s not skulduggery when good folk like him do it, it’s just business as usual.

1 Like