Paul Manafort's inability to save Word files as PDFs provided the evidence necessary to indict him for fraud

It’s all part of really, really knowing how to use Word and PDF. If you are doing criminal things with a computer, either you learn this stuff or you have some accomplice who can do it for you. Always pay your accomplices, and pay them well!

I saved you the trouble, instead of insisting you JFGI!

http://kb.cu-portland.edu/Scrubbing+Metadata+from+Word+Documents

3 Likes

But I know Manafort and he is meticulous about these things. He doesn’t just stop at deleting all sensitive emails he goes the extra step of printing them out and shredding them.

It is worth wondering about, though, what is it he does that is worth tens of millions of dollars to foreign and local despots? The guy must be some kind of salesman.

4 Likes

Cook

Clippy is on the run, last seen in Ireland.

1 Like

rape isn’t a joke

6 Likes

How bout just apologize and promise not to use it again?

4 Likes

It would be disingenuous to apologize for something I didn’t do and therefore can’t feel sorry for.

You didn’t repeat a joke about rape?

4 Likes

I referenced a movie line about characters expressing disinterest in going to prison where a very horrific act is known to occur. I don’t find that funny. I’m not sure where the joke is supposed to be.

You didn’t realize that movie is a comedy? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

You made a joke in poor taste and someone expressed that. That’s ok, people make mistakes and no one is going to hold it against you. But maybe consider bowing out rather than “well actually”-ing the people who expressed dismay?

5 Likes

Kinda reminds me of the time when software patents were being discussed at the European Parliament. At some point point it was found that a report presented by the Commission in favor of said patents was a Word document that didn’t just come from Microsoft Office but, according to its history metadata, largely from Microsoft’s offices. Fun times…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.