Paula Deen apologizes for racist tweet: "It's my social media manager's fault"

[Read the post]

2 Likes

I thought it was common knowledge that Paula Deen is a racist. It’s not like she’s never had gaffes like this before.

10 Likes

The stupid knows no bounds. Desi Arnaz didn’t even have brown skin! He was “Hollywood tan” at best.

If you’re a white dude trying to impersonate Ricky Ricardo then use some black shoe polish to sculpt your hair, not brown shoe polish to cover your skin.

24 Likes

because it was SHARING the picture that was the problem?

oh Paula, you’re just such a sweet little racist, it’s hard to stay angry at you.

15 Likes

[quote=“frauenfelder, post:1, topic:61255”]Deen’s adult sons have a new show scheduled to begin airing soon on The Food Network, called “Southern Fried Road Trip.”[/quote]Well, gee, I had mostly forgotten about her, but now we know that her adult sons have a new show scheduled to begin airing soon on the Food Network. Which I had also mostly forgotten about.

5 Likes

did her social manager write that skit? did someone hold a gun to their heads and make them do something stupid?

time to shut her down; she had her chance.

6 Likes

It’s okay, Archie Bunker is there to make everything good.

2 Likes

She wasn’t ‘not racist’ until 2013, and the picture is from 2011. So it’s all good.

It is worth wondering why an old photo was posted today. Also - why did nobody call this racist shit out when it happened in 2011?

6 Likes

and of course, since she’s playing lucy, it would make sense for her son to play ricky… o_O true feelings coming out…?

2 Likes

Because the Outrage Economy was not in its full swing yet?

So many teapots. So few tempests, apparently.

5 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the new racist tweet is a dog whistle for Deen watchers. There’s gold in that thar racism!

Says the human wearing dragon-face.

1 Like

No dragons complained so far, Mr. Frankenflag! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Paula Deen apologizes for racist tweet: “It’s my social media manager’s fault”

says the headline. I see no apology.

5 Likes

Since this is about ethics in racist social media, how about that avatar, OM? It is reminiscent of a Confederate flag; what do you mean by it?

Ok I don’t know who any of these idiots are but the one impersonating Lucy is his mother? That’s sort of freaky., And he looks like a cross between wood panelling from the seventies and Adam Sandler.

and who’s the big white guy in the pyjamas and the personal space issues - is he the social media manager?

4 Likes

Is it reminiscent of any other flags, darling?

http://dandygoat.com/officials-warn-against-rainbow-confederate-flag

7 Likes

Realize that little things lead to bigger things. . . . there’s a wonderful parable in the New Testament: The sower scatters seeds. Some seeds fall in the pathway and get stamped on, and they don’t grow. Some fall on the rocks, and they don’t grow. But some seeds fall on fallow ground, and they grow and multiply a thousandfold. Who knows where some good little thing that you’ve done may bring results years later that you never dreamed of?

–Pete Seeger

6 Likes

… other flags

I’m calling it the rebel-rouser.

1 Like