PayPal Gives InfoWars the boot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/21/paypal-gives-infowars-the-boot.html

5 Likes

First Rob posts about Jordaddy and now this. Are you guys angry at orenwolf for some reason?

Eagerly anticipating some brand new users explaining to us how this censorship of the Truth about Sandy Hook is a violation of the First Amendment. I give it about an hour before it sets off their news alerts.

25 Likes

Why does he need PayPal - he’s invested in gold!

20 Likes

About fucking time.

10 Likes

I thought that Alex Jones only accepted payment in the form of darknet cryptocurrency and gold Krugerrands.

15 Likes

He will not be missed, I bet.

2 Likes

Wait PayPal did something not awful?
I am sure they will fix that right away.

19 Likes

Numismatic gold, the kind Glenn Beck used to shill to giants of finance like Jones’s followers.

9 Likes

They laugh - but come the Obama Apocalypse he’ll be able to buy heritage seeds and protect himself from infection with colloidal silver.

15 Likes

Alex will probably cry. Politically.

1 Like

So which other payment processors still handle transactions for InfoWars’s store? How can we get them to follow suit?

Or get paypal to take them back… cause having to use paypal is punishment already.

1 Like

tenor-1

18 Likes

And soup! Don’t forget the soup! At least he won’t starve.

1 Like

Soup? It’s all about the food buckets my man.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/12/03/456677535/apocalypse-chow-we-tried-televangelist-jim-bakkers-survival-food

13 Likes

Intestinal Apocalypse.

11 Likes

“Removing PayPal from the Infowars platform inhibits Jones’ ability to make money from his malice,” Holt said, “but it’s a bit odd it took so long given how egregiously Infowars violated the platform’s terms of service.”

So yeah–kicked to the curb like so much crazed, racist conspiracy-peddling trash.

I don’t know, @SeamusBellamy, this feels more like dog poop PayPal wasn’t bagging because it was actually helping their bottom line, and was then shamed into going back to pick it up. That whole apology bit came off as disingenuous due to the time it took to come around to fixing it.

8 Likes

“ In an InfoWars article about Thiel’s Bilderberg attendance, Jones wrote: “It is the height of hypocrisy to see control freak technocrats shaking their heads at us and saying it’s bad we’re trying to shine a light on the shadow government.”

2 Likes

We shouldn’t be celebrating this, next they will come for the left-wingers.

2 Likes

Ya’ll are nuts to be celebrating this. In fact, I’ve just cancelled my paypal account in response. I don’t care if you’re left-wing, right-wing, black, white, man, woman, or consider yourself something else… THESE ARE OUR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS THEY’RE ATTACKING! Left-wingers: do you like being able to express your rage? Fight for your rights! Right-wingers: Do you like being able to talk about your rights and debate others? Fight for your rights! Enough sitting by idly, the people that run things don’t care about words, they care about money (which is power). Tell them what’s what and hit them where it hurts… their WALLETS.