PBR apologizes for telling sober people to "try eating ass"

The PBR-my is not to be trifled with.

f

7 Likes

I, for one, didn’t have to wait for them to suggest it.

Do try eating ass, it’s, well, not tasty exactly but it can
be plenty of fun.

1 Like

Great, now millennials are ruining alcohol. /s

When I look at charts showing averages in drinking I think about this chart breaking it down by percentage of people and number of drinks consumed in the US. I wonder which groups are affecting the average? I imagine a very large group of people could do Dry January without anyone noticing. The article mentioned alcohol consumption increased during the pandemic. For me it’s dropped way off because I haven’t really been to a restaurant or been to many gatherings.

3 Likes

10 drinks per day?

Suddenly I feel much better about my own consumption.

5 Likes

The @slimjim account also wants to share important facts like this one:

🤦

This shit makes the advertising imagined in the world of Idiocracy (2006) look tame

5 Likes

Drinking PBR or eating ass? Only two of those activities can give you pinkeye.

1 Like

Don’t drink (esp cheap nasty beer) and tweet. Hell, don’t drink and type, full stop. Not if it’s part of your job.

re: booger king UK’s sexist tweet: I’ve often been astounded by the sheer am’t and the ugliness of the sexism on display in the Guardian UK comments. You’d easily mistake such commenters for the moronic, mid-century fans of those long-gone (and far from lamented), moronic, mid-century “my wife” “joke”-tellers.

2 Likes

I watched the whole thing unfold almost in real time and it was… something.
Overall hilarious, but I wondered what was going to happen within a day.

3 Likes

This reminds me, I have a band silkscreen show poster that is done on the inside of a PBR box. I love it. Too bad they didn’t get super famous for me to retire off of it, but I like the art!

1 Like

Although realize that they might be counting “unit of alcohol” as a drink. While a mass market beer like PBR might only contain roughly one unit, many craft beers may contain two, and most servings of spirits contain two or three units. 10 units is still a lot for a daily average, but you’ve probably had that occasionally.

2 Likes

I came here to count the number of “Why not both?” memes posted in response. I don’t know whether to be proud or disappointed.

4 Likes

Breakfast Feels GIF by DreamWorks Animation

6 Likes

I’m drinking and typing right now!
(Not PBR, though)

6 Likes

Pretty sure this is a net win for them though. Legal has done their due diligence. PBR corporate can say “our bad!” Meanwhile, PBR got millions in free publicity and sales tick up. Shareholders are happy. Everyone is a winner. (Everyone, except, the sad consumers of PBR.)

3 Likes

beer

4 Likes
1 Like

What’s the significance of 69420?

Ahem…

4-20

7 Likes

To be more acceptable, go with “Try eating asp” over an image of Cleopatra.

1 Like

I’m slower than most. The 69 I get. “4-20” doesn’t click.

2 Likes