PBR apologizes for telling sober people to "try eating ass"

Originally published at: PBR apologizes for telling sober people to "try eating ass" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

When there’s no more room in hell, the ads will walk the earth

28 Likes

Instead of drinking week old urine (my second thought when PBR is mentioned, the first is of course Dennis Hopper)?

11 Likes

Something tells me that they’re throwing a hissy fit

12 Likes

It truly was a bizarre sequence of tweets. Whenever someone would add their own message, sometimes just for clarification, PBR would up the ante.

7 Likes

TRANSLATION:
“We are very sorry for what we deliberately did in order to gain press and social media coverage. And please drunk responsibly.”

17 Likes

Tweet responsibly!

4 Likes

Honestly, PBR is more like a light fizzy urine than ass (ahem, or what I assume ass tastes like.)

Perhaps that could be a new ad campaign?

“PBR, the new ‘water sport’!!”"

8 Likes

Hrm… they sound old. I thought the younguns were all into eating ass and having ass eaten (assuming everyone is paying attention to personal hygiene). Regardless more fun than drinking PBR.

5 Likes

1 Like

Given PBR is the classless uncle of domestic beer, who drives a beater Camaro and likes to quote Matthew McConaughey from Dazed and Confused, this advice isn’t really uprising. Also, not horrible advice.

3 Likes

“try eating ass”

Every new year brings its little challenges.

8 Likes

If what I have read about hot dogs and Chicken McNuggets is true, well, been there done that.

5 Likes

the best reply:

13 Likes

Guy rides around on a truck with an “I EAT ASS” sticker and everybody roots for him. Beer company suggests you eat ass and everybody loses their minds.

5 Likes

Dunno. The tweets seem pretty on brand. Not sure it should be considered more of a flub than making and selling PBR.

2 Likes

Not looking forward to the tik-tok ass-eating challenge.

4 Likes

Kinda reminds me of the vtuber rabbithole.

You generally get them reading out the name and message of donations… Predictable hilarity ensues (doubly so for non-native english streamers)

Spoiler: Very childish :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

tenor

10 Likes