Pedo Guy ponders establishing a misogynist university

That’s why it is a “misogynist university”. The name is an entirely deliberate tit joke.

2 Likes

Color me, “Duh!”

LOL

1 Like

Back when the Western Australian Institute of Technology was rebranding (mid 80’s), before they settled on Curtain University of Technology, one of the suggestions , for all of about 2 minutes before someone went “Hang on!” was

Curtain University of New Technology

7 Likes

I’m replying only because you replied to me, and your comment seems to have generated some . . . interest. Anyway, who said he had to be a perfect role model? I certainly didn’t. I would settle for him not being a dick. That should be a pretty low bar, and he has repeatedly failed to clear it.

Yeah, I should have phrased that differently. What I meant was that there are really only two explanations for the joke. Either the person is 12, or they’re a terrible person, and obviously Musk isn’t 12.

7 Likes

You seem to be laboring under the belief that acquiring 300 Billion dollars is the same thing as earning (or even deserving?) 300 Billion dollars.

13 Likes

Maybe the rest of the world could send EM a Deportivo Wanka shirt, just so he knows how we feel about him.

4 Likes

19 Likes

3 Likes

And then Scunthorpe came along and just put it in the city name.

7 Likes

Say what?

Nononono!

In fact, I was trying to say quite the opposite, above. That Elon ISN’T some noble, flawless specimen who actually deserves such riches, he’s just a (very, very!) lucky serial entrepreneur.

Many entrepreneurs with the best of intentions still crash and burn, and Elon has come close to that on several occasions, especially since he invests in industries where that’s the most likely outcome.*

But fortune smiled on him, and he ended up with a preposterous amount of wealth (even if it is
just speculative fantasy accounting based on a wildly overvalued stock in a bubble market).

That shouldn’t make him anyone’s role model, nor should we expect model behavior from him. He’s just a flawed human who’s gotten very lucky.

No one “deserves” 300 billion dollars.

• There’s a commonplace in commercial space tech that says "It’s really easy to make a small fortune in spaceflight - just start with a large fortune. :slightly_smiling_face:
4 Likes

American
Specialized
School of
High
Order
Legal
Education

4 Likes

This is also said about winemaking.

3 Likes

This is a very old business joke that didn’t originate in space or tech.

“How do you make a small fortune? Invest in Donald Trump.”

10 Likes

Stolen wealth bequeathed to him smiled pretty fucking hard. The rest was done by his accountants.

10 Likes

If musk has any talent at all, it is in choosing who manages his money.
Still chucking that up to luck. His smarmy face makes me nearly as angry-weary as his actions. Why oh why is it so hard to not be an asshole

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.