Pedo Guy ponders establishing a misogynist university

I was thinking Matt Gaetz.

5 Likes

Musk accused someone (a cave-diver if I remember correctly) of being a “pedo guy”, right? He’s being called “Pedo Guy” because he used the phrase?

1 Like

And successfully argued in defamation court that “pedo guy” doesn’t literally mean pedophile, despite many oblique references to Mr Unsworth only being in Thailand for the sex trade. Musk went so far as to say the verdict “restored my faith in humanity.”
It seems to have even introduced a precedent they’re now calling a Jdart:
“A JDart, lawyer Alex Spiro explained, meant: a Joke that was badly received, therefore Deleted, with an Apology and then Responsive Tweets to move on from the matter.”

6 Likes

The fact that everyone calls paedo guy, paedo guy, doesn’t restore my faith in humanity but does suggest that we may, possibly have a future.

Not if paedo guy gets his way though. Then the world will burn but paedo guy will be rich so he won’t care.

4 Likes

Oh, thank god, I thought from the title that tRump was going for Rump Uni round II.

Trump’s Esteemed Soviet Technical Education School

5 Likes

As my deceased grandmother would have said, “He sounds like a fucking wanker.”

10 Likes

It sounds like your grandmother was a perspicacious woman.

6 Likes

Elon has the sense of humor of a poorly-socialized 12-yr-old. Remember, this is the guy whose company built the fastest production car ever, and he called it “Plaid” because it’s a Spaceballs in-joke.

It is very sad that someone can revolutionize two ((or maybe more) industries, create 70,000 high-paying jobs, and become the world’s richest person, without, at the same time, being a perfect role model for enlightened humanity.

I mean, isn’t that what we, as a society, are owed?* Billionaires should be such noble, flawless human beings that they actually deserve their billions, and not just some random lucky [person].

2 Likes

Citation needed.

16 Likes

29 Likes

Well … bankroll one, become insanely rich off other people’s work, then feed the profits into buying another company outright, and leveraging their skill and expertise into making him the

without contributing himself anything of note besides buying in early with his inheritance, a vision (of “you guys keep doing what you’re doing, oh, and make me these toys while you’re at it”) and having a toke with noted opinionated idiot Joe Rogan.

I’m not picky. I’d settle for “being a functional human being”, but then, if he were that, he wouldn’t be the world’s richest person, now, would he.

20 Likes

Yes, because unironically, those two things are actually diametrically opposed to one another. You cannot be a good person and a multi-multi-billionaire. It is fundamentally impossible.

16 Likes

I don’t care how much money an asshole has. Except that the more someone has, the more their flaws are enabled.

17 Likes

Some people have too much money and think too highly of themselves… this guy certainly does.

5 Likes

Musk went to Wharton. The skills he has are financial. Hedge fund capitalist. He’s not inventing things; he’s financing others inventions.

A step up from that other Wharton grad who’s also in the news much too often, has personality deficits and no sense of humor. But just a step, not a story.

17 Likes

It probably IS when you’re stoned.

aww who doesn’t want to be published in t.i.t.s. university press…

I have less issue personally with his … jokes. I just wish people would stop looking to him like he’s going to save us from anything as opposed to just create market demand for some stuff and then sell it to us.

12 Likes

Golden State Warriors Lol GIF by NBA

17 Likes

That’s what an inventor is to the free market fans. Thomas Edison is the celebrated genius behind such important things as the light bulb and phonograph – who knows or cares how much he actually contributed beyond telling his team to get to work. People like Philo Farnsworth or Frederick Banting, on the other hand, barely deserve notice. Their work changed the world, but other people made the money.

Anyway, if Musk finances a university, why wouldn’t he want to name it after him and his friends?

15 Likes