Pee-wee for President: 'In your guts, you know he's nuts'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/pee-wee-for-president-in-yo.html

7 Likes

Okay, I know third-party votes can be disastrous, but I’m gonna have to go with Pee-Wee this November.

11 Likes

I would love to see this in the Oval Office.

16 Likes

Who’s he gonna pick for Vice President? Captain Carl? Cowboy Curtis? Miss Yvonne? Jambi?

12 Likes

Nepotism seems to be popular in the Whitehouse these days, so maybe his son could be a running mate. Cobblepot, a name you can depend on.

12 Likes

He has my vote, what with his opponent being a spoiled and petulant rich kid who steals.

francis

10 Likes

I dunno. Remember that time Paulsen split the vote and let Nixon win. /s

12 Likes

Francis’s slogan should be “Where are they hosing him down?” – a line from the movie that still makes me laugh to this day.

4 Likes

Curtis or bust!

11 Likes

These cultural references are perfect for the 70+ . For those who aren’t , “in your guts you know he’s nuts” was a response to Barry Goldwater’s “In your heart you know he’s right” . My dad loved using that expression which is why I’m familiar with it (the former, not the heart one) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

In my day (he said in a cartoonish old man voice) we didn’t have Pee-Wee. All we had was Alfred E. Neuman and Pat Paulsen.

11 Likes

Oh good - a new write-in for objectionable choices.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I appreciate that I’m kinda out of touch with the modern world, but is $35 for a printed tee the standard rate nowadays?

I mean… he’s a better candidate than the two we have.

1 Like

Yes, and another button references the “I Like Ike” slogan: “I Like Pee-wee… LIKE!” (Which also references Pee-wee’s Big Adventure)

7 Likes

The button for Francis is blue while Pee Wee’s is red.

Pee Wee Herman is a Republican?

4 Likes

that’d be your “Pee” connection

2 Likes

Ya, I got that one too, but I didn’t want to date myself too much :slight_smile: When I was a toddler I was fascinated by the IGY so I saw a lot of Ike I guess in the same publications. also remember the AuH2O64 bumper stickers from '64. I grew up in Canada, but close to the border

2 Likes

If Curtis isn’t available, Tito was always pretty chill.

5 Likes