Peeping inside Paris's new nudist restaurant

I mean, if nudism is some people’s thing, god bless them, but… I’m… just nah for me.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if such a spill is worse in jeans – holding the hot curry against the skin.

3 Likes

Okay, I have a new restaurant concept for you and I can totally get you in on the ground floor…

5 Likes

The restaurants where you dine in the dark have a dining-related point—something is different about the experience of eating and tasting when one sense is subtracted, plus the logistics are entertaining. But dining nude seems exactly like regular dining, as far as the actual dining goes. So the point isn’t the dining; it’s a psychology experiment you can perform on yourself that happens to occur in a restaurant. OK, cool. Like others, I wouldn’t expect the food to be better than mediocre though, since it isn’t even the point of the scenario.

Personally, I’d rather go to an appropriate beach/baths/sauna/spa if I want the social experience of being nude around strangers. At least there, I can indulge in activities that actually benefit from nudity.

3 Likes

O’Naturel is a nudist restaurant in Paris.

Oh fu!k no…

2 Likes

no_thank_you

10 Likes

Dining as Nature Intended…

I find the idea that nature “intended” anything to be absurd.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m not an evolutionary biologist, but I had always assumed that the reasons humans have lost most of their hair is because they didn’t need it when they started wearing fabrics and animal skins to deal with the cold instead. In other words… wearing clothes is what nature intended. Not that “natural” is better anyway, but…

4 Likes

There is a time and a place for a spot of the ol’ naturism and i don’t think this or yoga are those places.

3 Likes

No matter how you jiggle or dance
The last three drops go in your … oh.

5 Likes

If it’s French why does the name look Irish? What does that apostrophe mean? Maybe it’d better if I busied my wandering eyes looking for typos in the menu.

That ought to give conniption fits to the fine folks at No. 23 quai de Conti.

1 Like

Waiter, I burned my tit in the soup when I leaned over to grab my rolls!

2 Likes

On the other claw, I’ve heard that standards of cuisine are high in France.

HOT IRON HOT IRON COMING THROUGH!

9 Likes

My first thought was that the two would be an interesting combination concept, for those who want the experience without the distraction of onlookers.

4 Likes

Sure, but mediocrity is relative. You still have the opportunity cost of being in Paris and paying a (presumably) higher price-to-quality ratio than you could at the hundred other restaurants on the same street. Even if the experience of prosaic urban nudity is cool, it could be done sometime other than dinnertime. Maybe a nude metro station or department store or museum?

Actually, the nude museum thing sounds pretty cool, especially if the art is from the right period. I’m usually 10% people-watching at museums anyways, which seems just about right.

3 Likes

This is beyond disgusting, but it’s not the seat covers or the general concept of nudity that I dislike, just the idea of inevitably spilling rice or sauce or whatever onto one’s bare skin. I don’t even like eating ribs because I get sauce on my fingers, I can only imagine the wave of revulsion at accidentally dropping mustard on my… er, hot dog.

2 Likes

If anything “naked people gathering to gnaw charred animal flesh right off the bone” is probably the closest thing you could get to a true “Paleo” dining experience.

9 Likes

And also, 4 nights out of 7 going hungry, because getting food was fuckin’ hard pre-agriculture.

9 Likes