Pelosi on impeachment: 'We will proceed when we have what we need to proceed. Not one day sooner.'

13 Likes

No. Stop asking. It’s not Treason.

Trump has publicly flirted with Sedition though. Add it to the laundry list of other things.

2 Likes

“Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason.”

Refusing to act against proven Russian meddling despite warnings from every intel agency counts, I should think…

1 Like

You clearly didn’t watch the Republican question Muller. While Muller unequivocally stated that the President lied, that he likely lied for financial benefit, that he obstructed justice, that he instructed other to do so… the Republicans managed to make it out as if Muller ran some underground DNC operation to destroy an upstanding citizen. It is hard to describe their line of questioning other than deranged. But it worked and Dox and Friends covered it accordingly.

That is what Pelosi is facing. It’s Schroedinger’s Cat space, they exist in a parallel reality.

Rule of law takes time. It took 10 years for Epstein’s victims lawyer Brad Edwards to prove that he is not making up the abuse that those women suffered. And only now can those women start their legal process.

1 Like

Should i ask her what she needs to do her job? I can have Amazon deliver it next day.

10 Likes

While you might be morally correct, like I said, politics is a game.

Yes, a game the Dems have proven they lose by doing nothing, time and time again. Why not, I don’t know… change the play book up, actually DO SOMETHING about the sleazy and unethical jack off running the show. They ignored Bush’s manufactured lies to invade a country, but Chump is FAR worse than that.

Fuck the games. Do what’s right. Do what the Constitution requires of you. You’re not going to lose Dem support or the support of independents by beginning impeachment hearings. And they never HAD Republican voter support, so who the hell cares.

6 Likes

I don’t know of any Pelosi corruption that compares to Trump’s, and I think false equivalency keeps people from voting out the real bastards.

17 Likes

Would require a new legal precedent–generally has required in the past that we have declared war against a nation state. That itself shifts the debate a bit on the usage of the term.

So the debate on Treason charges is inseparable from the shift in how the US makes war, which is in turn a debate on our foreign policy, the funded coups, banana republics, etc., etc.

There is a lot tied up in the debate when you toss around that term. Even though it feels like it should be applicable here.

ETA: If you want an example of how similar crimes have been treated for “aiding, providing comfort” etc. to another rival of ours who is not dissimilar to Russia, check out the various charges levied against Chinese spies:

(Spoiler: Not Treason)

1 Like

Bezos lives nearby, he can hand deliver it, same day.

3 Likes

You’re still worrying about GOP voters. Don’t. It doesn’t matter. You were NEVER going to get them to vote for a Dem. Ever. Stop fretting about what they do, and support politicians who value the rule of law and the Constitution.

Yeah, it takes time. You start the impeachment process now, and take time to make the case. I think one year and a few months to drag it out and keep his dirty laundry in front of the American public is a great period of time.

Epstein is just more of the same corruption no one wants to take on, admit, do something about. I’m tired of folks pussy footing around worried about upsetting cons. They’ll never be happy with Dems, so fuck them.

5 Likes

That may be out of my price range; but I’m willing to try!!!

2 Likes

Being as corrupt as Trump would take some work…like incredible amount of work. It’s hard to imagine anyone who has been actually doing any kind of real work, like getting legislation through Congress could dedicated as much resources and catch up with the Trump school of corruption.

2 Likes

My father and fraternal political windsock and a conservative R, insists on seeing actual evidence of a crime or crimes until he would vote for an acceptable D.

Seeing is believing for some. Getting at the evidence will go a long way to sway some moderates.

The rest are lost forever under red hats and hate.

6 Likes

No I am not. I am worrying about sticking to the rule of law and using the process to its full advantage. I am worrying about being and staying above the fray, about doing things right and setting a precedence of how to do things right. That takes resources and energy. Far more so than being a narcissistic bully and bulldozing down the system.

People have taken on Epstein, people have dedicated their life to taking on Epstein that is why he is in a NYC jail cell crying his heart out and not cruising the Bahamas.

Give credit where credit is due.

1 Like

The unstated assumption in most of the comments here is that it’s Senate votes that are needed.

Do we know that enough House Democrats will vote to impeach when it’s a real vote on the House floor? I am not sure that’s a given.

If impeachment loses 215-220, not only is it a victory for Trump but it makes Pelosi look like a world class fool

3 Likes

I don’t either. If you could get a solid vote it the House but blocked in the Senate, you could at least call it a political tie.

Pelosi, you are going way out on a limb to the be the worst mistake the dems ever made, topping HRC for pres.

3 Likes

If she can’t whip her caucus to vote to impeach this obvious crook with what they have from Mueller and other investigations and Il Douche’s own blatantly bigoted words then she doesn’t deserve to be the leader of the House majority. Which is one of the reasons she’s still suggesting they won’t impeach at all. As I said above, she’s a coward.

8 Likes

Run the Investigation already - start the Impeachment Inquiry, spread bad news on trump. Even if you don’t push it to the senate before the election, go after the mother fucker.

8 Likes

Congress! It’s not a job. It’s a lifestyle!

How many of you get paid this much to argue and make deals with your co-workers?

3 Likes