Pence forgets his published autobiographical recollection of events

Originally published at: Pence forgets his published autobiographical recollection of events | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“Father” is quite the bootlicker.

7 Likes

my mother always said “if you tell the truth you won’t have to remember which lie you told to whom”

16 Likes

It must be exhausting, lying all the time. Unless there’s some point (the “Santos Threshold”?) where one just accepts that everyone knows that one is a liar and relaxes into it.

13 Likes

it used to be if you were known to be a liar, you’d be shunned somewhat. now it seems like a badge of honor to be a bullshit stream that can’t be shut off. at least in politics and social media.

12 Likes

“I upheld the Constitution when Trump tried to overthrow the government” is really Pence’s only selling point. It may not be much considering how most Republican voters feel about it, but it’s what he’s got. Might as well OWN that shit, you spineless bootlicker!

12 Likes

Looks like we might get both the former potus and veep in prison. Mother doesn’t approve of perjury, Mikey.

15 Likes

I am sure he is aware it is only illegal to lie before the eyes of his Lord, and perhaps the court.

8 Likes

If he had stayed catholic- he could get the sacrament of confession. And be assured that his ascension had official approval. :wink:

Interesting note relating to another story.

“ During his time at Hanover, Pence was a friend of future actor Woody Harrelson, whom he helped prepare to deliver a sermon as part of Harrelson’s ministry studies. Harrelson later told late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel that he “‘quite liked [Pence]’ at the time”.[17]

6 Likes

Would you perhaps consider updating your link to Woody Harrelson?

:wink:

6 Likes

I thought I did?

3 Likes

We may be at cross-purposes. Your link goes to Wikipedia. Mine goes to today’s other story about this fine gentleman. (Though the lack of quote marks meant I did not realise this was an excerpt from Wikipedia, and thus the links are probably theirs. (?))

2 Likes

I wonder if he’ll go on the stand and admit he didn’t write his autobiography, and so can’t guarantee it’s veracity.

3 Likes

Dean-really-bs-again

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.