Pence won't let public health officials appear on CNN unless Trump's disinfo briefings run in full

Unfortunately, what they do must please Pence, and that wouldn’t please Pence, so he would keep the officials off CNN.

3 Likes

From what I’ve heard, CNN is getting a lot more Trump viewers who stopped watching FOX as they try to get reliable health info on the Coronavirus. I’m guessing Pence found that out and panicked about their propaganda wing failing.

12 Likes

Sounds like a win-win situation for CNN

1 Like

Except this way, the fact checking does not run right after Trump talks. So he’s more likely to get away with crazy shit, instead of it being shut down right away.

3 Likes

CNN was already running Trump’s comments “in full,” clickbait headline notwithstanding

This is all about Mike

Pence’s office, which is responsible for booking the officials on networks during the pandemic, said it will only allow experts such as Dr. Deborah Birx or Dr. Anthony Fauci to appear on CNN if the network televises the portion of the White House briefings that includes the vice president and other coronavirus task force members.

CNN often only broadcasts President Donald Trump’s question and answer session, which sometimes includes the health care officials, live on-air.

After Trump leaves the podium, CNN frequently cuts out of the White House briefing to discuss and fact-check what the President had said. A CNN executive said that the network usually returns to such programming because of the extensive length of the full briefing that includes Pence

5 Likes

That’s great for us, but I don’t think everyone can multitask like that.The people who like him or are neutral to him want to hear him out, so might not be craving a reality based alternative like we do.

Yeah, nostalgic for those days too.

1 Like

So Americans can’t get lifesaving information and hope unless they are forced to listen to neocon propaganda from the lead lunatic, who is bragging about his ratings as people die.

Yes Republicans- you ARE completely amoral, horrible people at this point, and your leaders are human in biology class only

10 Likes

“…and we’ll return to the White House if there is any news to report…”

3 Likes

Just edit the darn thing. Trump says some stupid dangerous crap. Then the experts.

Having established that quid pro quo cannot be prosecuted, they are pursuing it with a vengence.

9 Likes

Just “in full” and not live? Then just put it on at 2AM. A lot insomniacs will be grateful.

I recommend a series of reaction gifs set in the lower corner of every broadcast. I’d expect to see a lot of

3 Likes

They are not Republicans anymore. They are Banana Republicans, Tip of the hat to @gracchus!

Oh man what the shit was Pence thinking? Stopping a news network from covering the news is so Un-American.

3 Likes

Religious lunatic, quid pro quoer, and the Peter principle rolled into one.

2 Likes

From the BB-store:
" If you’d like to be asleep within 120 seconds every night, the Restly Sleep app says they can make it happen"

I agree those briefings should work just as well.

2 Likes

Put the briefing (at 2+ hours long, is that the right word?) on 5 minute delay, with running fact checking beside it. Even better with links to the fact checks when viewing on YouTube.

I might actually be proud of Trudeau’s briefings. Lots of politician-type ramblings, but devoid of all the nonsense Trumps spews.

1 Like

I was hoping it was Phife Dog’s call! Q-Tip is too good of a nickname for the Cheeto.

1 Like

It might be better if the USA had soviets, in the pre-1922 sense.

That would be Trump’s nightmare though, he has to control everyone.

5 Likes

2a59pa

3 Likes