Pence won't let public health officials appear on CNN unless Trump's disinfo briefings run in full

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/09/pence-wont-let-public-health.html

4 Likes
13 Likes

Guess the Cheeto-in-Chief is going through withdrawal now he can’t hold his beer hall putsches.

29 Likes

I think this is the Q-Tip’s call. I can’t imagine that Trump cares at all if CNN cuts away after he speaks.

14 Likes

Enjoying life in Soviet U.S.A.?

14 Likes

This has an easy solution. CNN should just stop showing the briefing altogether. We would all be better (and possibly smarter) for the absence.

37 Likes

They should have done this weeks ago.

It’s pure propaganda coming from the WH.

20 Likes

Perhaps CNN should subcontact this to theonion.com.

5 Likes

Makes you wonder why they bother with even the pretense of having a reason.

10 Likes

Do they say when CNN has to air the briefings? Can they save them for the middle of the night? In 2030?

23 Likes

Maybe it’s time for all the serious news outlets to boycott Trump’s briefings, leaving only Fox and OAN (who will pitch him ridiculous softball questions.)

7 Likes

no. not really

19 Likes

Nice to see we’ve gotten past politicizing the pandemic. /s

14 Likes

The Banana Republicans aren’t pretending any more (just look at them!).

20 Likes

Update, @xeni

21 Likes

I was wondering how such a demand could even be legal (not that laws mean much anymore.)

19 Likes

Air the briefing with running fact checks. It’s how I watch the ones I watch.

9 Likes

they should just explain that they do air the briefings even if they don’t. they should get lots of experts on to reiterate that they do air the briefings and always have. they should talk up how good their coverage is. better ratings than the super bowl. 15 million viewers created.

or, i guess, let joe biden ramble for the same amount of time in the interest of “fairness”. could be like a rambling contest.

16 Likes

CNN could just farm out the tapes to some local access TV in Antarctica or Guantanamo Bay. Call it a day.

3 Likes

We are being groomed to accept that a 9/11’s worth of death per day, EVERY DAY is perfectly fine.

Not to mention hundreds of thousands on ventilators that will never be the same again even if they “recover”

9 Likes