Pence won't let public health officials appear on CNN unless Trump's disinfo briefings run in full

Here’s a fix: CNN should air the full briefings as requested, but on a 60 second delay. They would include their own panel of experts, and give them a large gong. Every time they present “alternative facts”, have a member of the panel rebut them with actual facts. And every time someone lies about previous statements made by members of the Administration, strike the gong and play the clip proving the lie.

Of course, it may have to be a very large panel to keep up with this administration’s sheer volume of prevarications. Consider making it a team competition, bringing in two or three guest teams from various universities, newspapers, journals, etc., giving points to the team that buzzes in first with the truth, granting higher points for faster responses, etc.

For maximum ratings, bring in Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert to host it. Hell, I might even tune in to CNN to watch that, and I never watch CNN.

5 Likes

Why would I want to be part of the rapture?

I’ve seen who’s going. It’s basically Going Galt for Xtians.

7 Likes

I know how they should cover it.

The Master will not be pleased.

13 Likes

There is no way out.

3 Likes

Just a red LIE light that goes off when he utters an untruth would be good. Of course, Pence would have a gold pickle over that, too.

Do what we say or you won’t get to hear what we say!

1 Like

Low bar, but it’d be nice if we had a competent gov’t in the states. I know he’s not perfect, but I would of course happily trade our guy for yours in a heartbeat.

Hmm. How about run the briefing in full, with a panel of expert superimposed over the bottom of the screen?

1 Like

That particular panel has already been proposed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.