Penis seat on Mexico City subway

How is it a “men only” seat?

Sorry but [whole bunch of citations needed for that entire paragraph].

Eeesh.

8 Likes

That’s a hard question to answer, and it pricks my conscience. Glad you brought it up.

5 Likes

There’s a sign saying only men can sit there.

7 Likes

No lube dispenser?

2 Likes

What does the sign on the floor say?

My parents are Mexican & family all around Hispanic/Latino/MesoAmerican, i think i know a bit, as for the Japanese part its from the Economics (they were saying how there’s a huge loopsided gender workforce with a small percentage of women) and my knowledge of what video games sell in Japan to the women base, a lot of them are house keeping type games, their culture is simply structured differently

I’ll get you the Economist one helpfully sometime this afternoon. And the video game thing was also an article. It was on sellls, the Cooking Mama type games, just gi e me a few
(I’m at work ._.)

Even Jabba wouldn’t want it.

3 Likes

Seen worse on my BART train commutes.

8 Likes

Aka “huevos”.

4 Likes

This is why I carry a large pocketknife.

3 Likes

Citation #2

Not the one i was looking before but basically saying its a problem, women out of the work force

Citation #3

So it wasn’t an article,but a long time had pased since i seen this, what your looking for is after 18 minutes till around 22

Citatuon #4
So i asked my mom right
What’s the rate of “machismo” in Mexico, 1 to 10 & 1 to 100
She said 9 & 90%
Then i askes how bad do women have it overall with success & being a housewife, she said 9.5 & 95%
So women on average don’t have it so good in Mexico
And although that’s a polling of one person, you can hear it in lyrics for Spanish music that come out of Mexico, compelty objectification of women

3 Likes

Just out in the open? Blade out? /s

1 Like

Umm, no. I mean, not ridiculously so. But yeah, oppressed. And that housewife bit? Sorry, maybe in the 50’s, and if both of my grandmothers are anything to go by, then not even then.

Source: I am Mexican.

ETA: OK we probably need to define what you mean by ridiculous, because what women have to go through can be ridiculous and I’m assuming that you mean the women in Mexico experience even more than that.

3 Likes

I mean they experience sexism more offten, violence more offten, suppression in the work force more often (unless the place of work is already majority women), than their American counter part

Maybe your grandmothers lucked out, maybe my own grandmothers had it extremely harder more than the avarage women, it doesn’t change the fact that women in Mexico are at a higher rate more oppressed, compared to women here

And in media, the way women characters are treated is that much more aggressive than in American media
//
Sure its not as bad as it use to be, but its still a well known problem

//
Its even in the Spanish language, the masculine form is used as the universal form

///

Mexico: Partly Free, and its known that in less free countries, women & children suffer more overall

As goes the trend, not so relevant in urban areas, but in rural areas

1 Like

How gauche!

The discerning women knows the importance of discretion. I tape razor blades to my index and middle fingers.

7 Likes

That’s unpossible because the legs aren’t spread out to occupy the adjoining seats! :wink:

12 Likes

Why would you do that?

1 Like

Ohhh, that BBC! Yeah, I totally knew that!

1 Like

Probably one of the least simmeringly homoerotic things I’ve seen drunk frat boys do

2 Likes