Penn Jillette lost over 100 lbs and still eats whatever he wants

oh

5’10" is pretty regular sized, i always thought he was much smaller …i guess the size difference is misleading, and creates an illusion of smallness. :slight_smile: they got me again. i suppose he talks too?

2 Likes

lol i did keto and lost nearly 40 lb lol lol

5 Likes

Yes, he talks. Normal voice and everything. He is a very smart, eloquent person.

5 Likes

If 2016 claims him, I’m blaming you.

3 Likes

I’ve always appreciated how smart they both seem. I’d love to see them in person sometime, hopefully soon.

1 Like

I’d easily believe Teller is 5’10". Penn is 6’7" and weighed 340 and wears high heels on stage. I saw Shaquille O’Neal on stage with them, and Shaq was only a few inches taller than Penn.

3 Likes

He stopped talking during shows as a defense against hecklers IIRC

4 Likes

Yeah the hackers diet was super helpful for me too. The way he discusses how the whole shebang works was incredibly useful, it really suited how I think. It gave me a handle on how you can use hunger etc.

Regarding training, though, I had some really bad episodes with neck and back pain when I lost weight without training - my muscles had just dwindled too much. Soon as I added some very modest exercise (5 minutes in the morning, using the introductory ladder from the above hackers diet, with one added back exercise), it got better fast.

2 Likes
3 Likes

There was a time when I was living in SF, trying to pay off student loans, and working a low-paying internship when I thought I’d eat cheap/healthy. I read books on ‘living like a hippie’ and how to combine foods for complete proteins and nutrients. For three months my diet consisted of bulgur wheat, quinoa, dried beans, TVP chunks, soy sauce, and chopped garlic, boiled into a gruel. It was cheap, but I was always sick, as if I had a constant cold, never felt healthy, never had energy. Turns out that eating the bare minimum to survive isn’t too great for you.

9 Likes

I got to chat with both of them after a show once, and while Penn was on his celphone constantly, Teller was charming, chatty, and very friendly, didn’t seem preoccupied and happy to just chat about Houdini and their books with a random fan. I made the mistake of mentioning an escape routine that he’d described in one of their books as an especially difficult one he’d had trouble with, and he scowled, muttered “gee, thanks” and walked away.

9 Likes

2 Likes

This has happened to a friend of mine recently. She’s dropped some weight, but at the expensive of her emotional well-being.

6 Likes

???

In full disclosure I’m a red (and golden) delicious scorner, but I find them way too sweet for my taste. I much prefer a tart apple, which covers up a multitude of sins, like sweetness.

But nothing could cover up an RD’s mushiness!

5 Likes

Not that I’d recommend it, but I’ve found that depression will take pounds off (unless you’re the kind that it puts the pounds on).

3 Likes

When I saw the headline, I thought, “Oh my God, Penn ate Teller!”

2 Likes

But is he still Libertarian?

I like candy corn okay, but not the little candy pumpkins, which makes no sense because they’re made of the same ingredients.

3 Likes

Well, it’s like gummi bears and gummi worms.

I even like Circus Peanuts, which make zero sense, because they’re orange banana-flavored peanut-shaped marshmallows.

1 Like