Pennsylvania police chief charged with running drugs

He certainly won’t get fooled again, though.

8 Likes

It’s tiring, I get it. I’m there with you. But I try to remember that Fred Rogers came from just down the road. Our neighbors aren’t all part and parcel.

6 Likes

Or job security. Sort of like arsonist firefighters.

5 Likes

On several occasions, court documents allege Denning would use the app Wickr to communicate about the drugs. In one conversation, paperwork shows he told an informant the app is “encrypted” and “safe for both of us.”

Of course Denning should and hopefully will face real consequences for violating the public trust.

And also, he probably shouldn’t have that office just for being this stupid.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I grew up in rural, small-town, thin blue line MAGA world…I’m firmly convinced ACAB now.

6 Likes

I dunno - it’s long been said that cops always have the best drugs.

4 Likes

As an Eastern Pennsylvanian, I’m glad you stuck up for Philly! And thank god we struck down that whackjob Mastriano and got us some Josh Shapiro for governor! I don’t know what I would have done if Mastriano had won - sell my house and move back in with parents in Delaware?

7 Likes

I assume he will go on paid admin leave while the police investigate if any department policies were violated.

4 Likes

I’ve heard “tucky” suffixed onto our state’s less progressive areas, as well.

1 Like

I gave up counting when I got to 70 and the list just kept on scrolling:

6 Likes

I’m far from an expert on federal sentencing guidelines; but it’s my layman’s understanding that weapon possession is one factor that can get you a sentence enhancement in the context of illicit distribution of scheduled drugs.

I wonder if that will end up being a problem for someone whose day job provides enormously strong reason to suspect that he was armed while possessing with intent.

5 Likes

Others have mentioned Philly, but I feel like if you are going to include Erie, then Harrisburg, Allentown, Scranton, and State College should also make the cut.

Honestly, Washington county really only has a modest R advantage. It’s not like Bedford.

Also, I’m pretty sure I remember some of the same:

Full of lifelong farmers, miner/heavy laborers, people who thumb their noses at things like college, “coastal elites” and critical race theory, and like to vote against their best interests because they don’t understand cause and effect relationships.

growing up in Allegheny county, except not farmers but steelworkers.

2 Likes

Or like the old James Carville quote, something like, "The thing to remember about Pennsylvania is, you got Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and in between, there’s 300 miles of Alabama.

2 Likes

Ah, 26% Black?

1 Like

I actually am shocked, honestly - shocked that he was arrested and charged for something that seems to be just standard operating procedure for police in the U.S.

I mean, he was just doing his job, right?

5 Likes

Or Witness

1 Like

Not according to “American Gangster” where the NYPD is said to had stepped on the French Connection “evidence” so much that it was pretty much just powdered milk.

2 Likes

It’s the same principle as watering down the booze in daddy’s liquor cabinet after taking some shots. They took all the powder they wanted for their use and sale, and replaced it w/powdered milk.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.