Pentagon confirms leaked footage of UFO is genuine

Correct. The important thing, however, is to have an UFO clause in your contract.

1 Like

Having watched the Black Mirror on that prospect, I’m not too worried. I own a tennis racket and a bike helmet.

2 Likes

I’m suspicious. Were there any reports of chem trails with these sightings? After all, these were sightings off the coast of California. Just what do they mean by “genuine” leaked footage? As opposed to “faked” leaked footage… hmmm.
Question! Why do the supposed UFO craft have flashing lights? Are they just making sure everyone sees them clearly so collisions are avoided? Why would they care? Does anyone know if any of the UFOs are even piloted? How much money do they make? Do they like our food? When they aren’t flying, do they go to the beach to surf? Do their phones get spammed? Why are they here? See if Matt Gaetz has anything to do with the underage ones … he knows all about this stuff.

1 Like

calling something an object is jumping to the conclusion that it’s made of solid matter, when it may be something else—things like auroras and high-altitude electrical sprites are phenomena but not objects

1 Like

Charged particles are matter and may well be described as small objects to which can be ascribed several physical (or other) properties.
Phenomena made out of objects? Not wrong to call those objects as well, I’d say.

you can call literally anything an object if you want but then the word loses any meaning

Anything that is anything and not just the figment of somebody’s imagination, yes.

If you want to get really technical, we don’t actually see objects. We just see the light reflected off of the objects or (in certain, rare cases) the lack thereof.

However, since light itself is composed of both particles and waves, we actually are seeing objects (photons), but these are not in and of themselves the objects that we perceive when we see “objects” and…

2 Likes

I have a Carl Zeiss Jena camera lens that has exactly this kind of bokeh at some aperture settings.

2 Likes

Yes, talk dirty to me…

2 Likes

If you insist…

And then, these so-called “objects” that we are allegedly “seeing” do not even “exist” because these photons are travelling at finite speed (especially through a medium such as air), which means that the “objects” that we are “seeing” are merely the spectral remains of “objects” that existed at a non-zero interval in the past, which means that we are merely presuming that these “objects” still exist based on the past spectral evidence with which we are presented when the photons finally reach our optical receptor nerves in our eyes and…

We exist in an object-orientated universe, so to speak.

Although I don’t get what is supposed to be mind-blowing about this, it all seems pretty trivial. After all, this is what we and everything else that exists anywhere is made of.

But our perception of those objects is limited by our sensory organs and the ability of our brains to interpret the signals that those sensory organs emit. Hence, UFO sightings.

Maybe we should start a new topic, called “Are objects?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.