Pentagon: UFO vids show trash, drones

Originally published at: Pentagon: UFO vids show trash, drones | Boing Boing

1 Like

Kragonar is gonna be pissed that the Pentagon dissed his ride like that.

5 Likes

You know, if it was my job to write software that processes the input from the sensors into what eventually appears as readout on the displays it would be quite the temptation to maybe bury some lines in the code that would, every now and then, display the odd shall we say Easter egg perhaps.

4 Likes

I wanna give a shout out to my buddies in Skull Squadron! (Who knew the programmers were Robotech / Macross fans!)

1 Like

And since the video file is named gimbal, it’s a clue that someone recognized for what it was right at the start.

4 Likes

Where did the italicized text about the BLC1 signal come from? It’s not present in any of the linked articles, and Google searches turn up only boingboing.

1 Like

Pentagon officials testified that a video with mysterious glowing green triangles actually displayed drones that were shot through night-vision lenses.

If this isn’t just misreporting of the officials’ testimony by the hacks at the NYT, then it’s deliberate obfuscation by the Pentagon, likely to create an atmosphere of paranoia with respect to e.g. the Chinese. The “triangles” were very clearly commercial airliners. IIRC, I think Mick West was even able to narrow it down to a specific type of plane, but I may be misremembering that detail.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but I think Oscar the Grouch would be pleased.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.