People are still passionately, and recklessly, cheese rolling in 2022

Originally published at: People are still passionately, and recklessly, cheese rolling in 2022 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

what are the rules regarding wearing padding/braces? (“Well… it falls somewhere between climbing into a human hamster ball and competing nude.”)

according to wikipedia, a few guys have dominated the race; the winner of this year’s first roll has won 23 times. So these crazy, double gloucester fiends finish flying down that hill just to go back and head down again in the next race.

1 Like

I like his Occupation listing on his Wikipedia page

3 Likes

Video link for the BBS

1 Like

After a speeding cheese, surely? You make it sound like the cheese is speeding uphill.

It’s quite late, and I may now have weird cheese dreams tonight.

2 Likes

Aaaasss yooooooouuuuuu Swiss!

3 Likes

“Comments” link in the original post just loop back to the post.

4 Likes

Were any cheeses harmed in the filming of this pursuit?

1 Like

What? Why? Cheese, man! Cheese!

Still,
Uphill Speeding Cheese

EMO band name?

For safety, try virtual cheese rolling!

1 Like

I grew up nearby, so I’d always assumed that everywhere has it’s own weird local sports (the national shin-kicking competition takes place a little further north at the Cotswolds Olympicks).
Never done it myself, but I know several people who have, including my old boss who fractured his skull (I don’t think it damaged much because he was a dickhead before, and a dickhead after).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.