People pissed at parish for drone delivery of eucharist

“What? I was fishing and He called me forth to become a Fisher of Men. And this is a great spot.”

1 Like

Should we ask what happened to the altar boys?

I would have been pissed purely at the shoddy piloting of the drone, myself.

2 Likes

I am SO forming a band just so I can call it Premature Transubstantiation.

7 Likes

It’s the personal touch, like Mom reading a fairy tale as opposed to Siri or Alexa.

3 Likes

1 Like

Brilliant idea! What next? Perhaps they could deliver a holy water payload dropped from the drone in a water balloon onto babies heads??? now THAT just may get me to church… actually it wouldn’t.

1 Like

It’s the sweet life:

2 Likes

Next, it’ll be drones flying the collection plates.

1 Like

And Alexa and Siri will administer confessions to wash all you sins. Those sins may or may not be uploaded into a central database, but just for totally non-nefarious reasons.

1 Like

Yeah my son and I own a similar DJI quadcopter and I wouldn’t consider that church a safe place to fly it. I wouldn’t fly that close to third parties in the open, where there is less to collide with.

1 Like

Lighten up, Pope Francis.

3 Likes

Collection plates are so last millennium; churches are already going contactless.

Well, some strains of catholicism are way more relaxed than others.
And anyway, technically it’s supposed to be a party.

The only concern I would have had with that 40 ton giant spider… its 40 ton weight. If some crane-mishap had occurred (and there have been a lot of those in the news over the past several months) then the ~170 year old cathedral could have been seriously damaged.

1 Like

Really? I got through all these (wonderful) comments, and I still get to make the “manna from heaven” gag?

1 Like

Are you… disappointed?

1 Like

Fucking Christ on a pogo stick! Catholics are allowed to have fun. They’re not Baptists, after all.

2 Likes

pope-loves-you

2 Likes