People share the worst things they've ever done

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/12/people-share-the-worst-things.html

So, are we going to have a thread commenting on their transgressions, or are we going to get confessional?

It kind of depends on what she meant at 1:29, doesn’t it? There’s a big difference between hitting a pedestrian or cyclist and driving off and a minor fender-bender with another car and not fessing up, which is assholic but not psychopathic.

Some BBers have publicly stated that they put ketchup on bratwurst. Monsters.

Obligatory, I guess.

I’m embarrassed to admit this, but in 1988 I purchased and read “The Art of the Deal” by Donald J. Trump. The fact that I put any money in his pockets, regardless of how little, bothers my conscience.

It’s cool. He’s lost your money since then.

Worst thing i’ve done? Dropped out of college twice. The second time also involved me getting a ticket and willfully not doing anything about it and losing my car. Had a lot of going on personally during that phase of my life but my parents were helping me quite a bit and i feel like i more than squandered those opportunities on nothing. Bothers me a lot but i’ve tried since to make up for my bad (in)decisions.

Of course, I’m a little surprised at the nature of some of these transgressions, but equally irked by the benign ones presented (because I think they’re lying). C’mon, this is human nature we’re talking about.

ETA: My worst transgression toward another person was pawning something that belonged to a loved one when I was a teenaged piece of s**t.

My worst transgression to myself was for many years in my youth being too afraid to stand up for myself or others out of self-preservation.

The worst thing I ever did…

… May have been the time I talked a kid into ambushing their sibling with a pillow and captured the ensuing carnage on video…

… Or the time I crashed 400 student computers by sending a mail bomb…

… Or the time I reversed the toilet paper

Most of the “worst” things I’ve ever done, by the popular vote at least, are the things I’d never undo.

my late sister said she eat a box of chocolates that she’d promised to give to somebody else…
I lost a friends camera but it depends weather your responsible for locking someone else’s car

Much more fun to invent stuff we wish had had had the guts to do.

Okay! I’ll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog. When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out. But the worst thing I ever done, the worst thing I ever done-- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, and then, I made a noise like this: bleh, blehh, blehh, bluuuaaaarrrrgh – and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

chunk

Worst thing I ever did: I shop lifted a transformer when I was 7. My sister caught me, and then blackmailed me that she would tell mom.

In judgment on the video…why is it that every time I see one of these collection of people type videos, they are the oddest collection of people physically speaking? Nearly every person has some very non-conforming human features or outward look. This is not a bad thing, I find it fascinating how varied we actually are as a species despite the homogeneous generic look we see in tv and film.

What’s the statute of limitations again?