People think it's a good idea to still go camping in a dinosaur infested world in new Jurassic World short film

3 Likes

I’d beseech Tinsel Town to acknowledge that the dead husk of the embers of the soul of the best known novel by the guy who made George Clooney famous is dry, but as long suckers will pay, there’s blood to be wrung from that rock.

But since we’re getting that third seasons of Westworld, I’ll quell my cynicism and let campers enjoy being eaten.

3 Likes

Considering the origin and unnatural ecological impact such dinosaurs have, it seems to me that hunting these things into re-extinction would be encouraged.

Give the gun nuts with their .50 BMG Barrets some real targets to shoot at.

2 Likes

:question:

2 Likes

Michael Crichton created ER.

I know, right?!

1 Like

Plus, he was something of a tween heartthrob before that.
Mullet warning.

122412MSMO409

1 Like

JURASSIC PARK VII (2023):

“Surely THIS time the dinosaurs won’t get out.”

[the dinosaurs get out]

5 Likes

Universal Pictures, uh, finds a way.

4 Likes

Between Westworld franchise and the Jurassic Park franchise Chrichton sure did get a lot of mileage out of “what if amusement parks were incredibly dangerous?”

And that’s not counting the godawful Timeline. (I avoided the movie, but in the book the main villain’s evil scheme is to use his company’s secret time travel technology to research historical sites for the purpose of building more historically accurate tourist traps in the present. I shit you not.)

4 Likes

The movie limboed under the bar set by the book with room to spare.

2 Likes

If science has now firmly established that avians are dinosaurs, does that mean that Hitchcock’s The Birds is the first film in the Jurassic Park franchise?

4 Likes

I think its time we set up a discussion as to what we all would do with time travel technology. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If Back to the Future II and Avengers: Endgame have taught us anything it’s that the best use of a time machine is to go back and watch a highlight reel of your earlier adventures in the franchise.

2 Likes

Plus that episode of Deep Space 9 and probably lots of other Star Trek episodes that I can’t remember right now.

2 Likes

Thanks to them, the tribble species was brought back from extinction. Much to the delight of furriers, cheap meat purveyors in the 24th century.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.