Originally published at: Perfectly-staged Mein Kampf joke | Boing Boing

1 Like

That is not funny, in the least.

11 Likes

tenor (33)

15 Likes

Ahhh. . . “kampy” humor.

10 Likes

Alas, I can not find the clip, but there’s an episode of the German version of “The Office”, “Stromberg”, where the group is a playing team building game, where the name of a famous person is written on a posit note, stuck to a person’s head, and then that person has to guess who they are.

When it comes the David Brent/Michael Scott character’s turn to write a name, the whole group falls silent.

He stuck “Hitler” on Dawn/Pam’s forehead. When asked why he would do such a thing, he says something like, “He’s the most famous German!”

It is cringe humor at its finest.

4 Likes

Kid confused, adults mortified. The joke itself is messed up humor (France!), but far from glorifying the book. The punchline works because in context of the joke, the book is a horrible thing.

This sort of humor is not for everyone. Any discussion of that book, despite the context, is going to upset somebody.

8 Likes

Father Ted, on the other hand, is very funny.

3 Likes

It really is. Shame about Linehan’s degeneration into a TERF shitbag, really.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s because I speak French with an American accent and have had plenty of mis-heard experiences, but I found it really funny. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

vJ4X56

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought it best not to mention that

I thought it best to mention it every time his ouvre comes up. It’s an asterisk after his every accomplishment that won’t be expunged until he stops being such a shitheel.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.