Perfume maker perfects the smell of American paper currency

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/03/perfume-maker-perfects-the-sme.html

1 Like

Worth every penny, apparently.

7 Likes

13 Likes

But why? :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Well looks like Melania will have some new perfume soon!

11 Likes

Because nobody carries cash anymore.

7 Likes

We used to joke that the important bulges were in the back.

3 Likes

Trying to remember a movie where a character has a monologue of describing the smell of new unused bills reminding him of the smell of “pussy”. I can picture the actor’s face but i can’t for the life of me remember his name or what the movie was. Anyway i was hoping to post a clip of that scene but my memory (and Google) fails me today.

I was recently introduced to 'vodka on the rocks’
and it’s really big bucks

Do they have a mimeograph scent? I just might be into that one…

6 Likes

I guess that would save you time rubbing money against your naked flesh, but would it be as satisfying?

3 Likes

Oh man my mom brought home one that was going to be trashed at the school she taught at. So many d&d charcter sheets and car wars record sheets.

7 Likes

I assume they’re talking about new bills and not the kind of old, crinkly, sweaty bills full of who knows what kind of microflora.

OTOH, some people might get a kick out of that too. :retch:

1 Like

Nah, it smells like American money. Trumps prefer rubles.

3 Likes

No cocaine residue?

1 Like

“A mix of cheap cologne, weasel pheromone and rotted grave…”

Seems like you could also get 75,000 single use paper money one dollar scent wipes for the same price. $75k is a lot of real money smell.

4 Likes

I prefer old book smell. Would put some on my e’reader’s case lining except I think that stuff’s expensive. Could be wrong.

2 Likes

I recall a story here about some kind of surplus store that had bales of shredded banknotes but had to discard them because they reeked.

1 Like

words escape me

1 Like