Person sues Kellogg's claiming strawberry Pop-Tarts didn't have enough strawberries inside

I haven’t had them since I was a kid, but I put them in the toaster oven back then. Like @Bunbain says, toasting definitely elevates them :wink:

In related news, I’m now working on a number of suits you are free to join me on. It turns out my Butterfingers included zero fingers. My Snickers bar caused no laughter, and my Almond Joy contained exactly 0% joy.

(Some people have the strangest hobbies…)

12 Likes

Yes, my Milky Way was disappointingly small.

And, at last a use for a toaster oven!

3 Likes

As a small household, the toaster oven is one of the most used cooking appliances. We don’t have a regular toaster, so it does double duty, but my mind is blown that people might not know the value of this humble yet critical appliance!

14 Likes

I think “strawberry-FLAVORED” might be the technical term you are looking for.

7 Likes

They were fatal for Vincent Vega

10 Likes

In seriousness, that’s the crux of the issue. If the box was for “Pop-Tarts! Strawberry flavor,” as described on the website, the suit would have less merit. I don’t disagree with the argument that if the product is described as “strawberry,” the primary fruit ingredients shouldn’t be apples and pears. The damages are ridiculous at first impression, but threatening the money is the only way to get businesses to (maybe) change practices.

4 Likes

A few years ago we did a total gut remod of the kitchen. The toaster oven was our only oven for 4 months. We baked frozen pizza, family-size pre-made mac & cheese and even baked cookies. It’s a fully-functional appliance!

7 Likes

Well, if all pop tarts have apples and pears, and the difference is a discernable hint of strawberry or cherry or mango, then that’s ok by me.

Like AR-15s, toaster ovens are almost unknown here in the UK. I have only ever seen them in the US, and was not impressed by the toast.

3 Likes

Maybe they should hire the folks who were griefing that major flavored-water brand (I can’t remember which) with descriptions like, “Water with the flavor of strawberry carried on the breeze from two states over.”

4 Likes

Or berets?

I prefer Pop-Tarts untoasted, but that’s a nostalgia thing for years of Boy Sprout camping where pop tarts made a quick and easy cold breakfast while getting the campfire restarted. Sure, we’d do bacon, eggs, pancakes, whatever afterwards, but whoever got up first and made the fire for cooking any of these things got first crack at the pop-tarts.

2 Likes

I’d considered that, too - and I imagine that’s what the internal conversation concerned, if any was had. It’ll be interesting to see how the story goes, if it goes.

I mean I wouldn’t sue them, but the fact that strawberry pop tarts don’t seem to contain few if any strawberries is kinda funny.

Get crackin’

6 Likes

Claire Saffitz - formerly of Bon Appetit - is here to help you make decent Poptarts:

3 Likes

I’ll add candy corn, that I’ve been eating for the last week, to the list of misleading labeling.

4 Likes

And don’t get me started on spotted-dick!

10 Likes

I thought they just added a little Strawberrium to some petroleum goo.

2 Likes

LaCroix

4 Likes

Maybe somewhere in the plant they can find a person who wanted to cause her $5MM in grief eating a less indulgent whole grain pop tart to put on the stand or just introduce, and the coin will drop and she’ll be fine with the outcome as it was. Realism can be brutalism.

Square-cornered tartes tartin with the most fantastic valoration of strawberries possible (and mixed whole grains in the pastry) does sound okay, if they pivoted to that. There’s room at the top. Still needs a glass of water or 9.

4 Likes